Positive Post #7



Today wasn't a day where I felt the most positive to be honest. (cue sad music) Tuesday I didn't end up going to Utah because I didn't feel good and Danielle had a fever. Now Mark has been screaming at me all day and wanted to be held. And I'm a walking disaster. Everything I touch seems to break. For example- I over corrected to get off the curb at the bank and rammed my car into a post. I damaged the paint and two panels of my car.
I have a history of hitting poles, but I thought I moved past that stage in life in high school, where I hit stationery objects over five times my senior year. It is so hard to focus when my kids are screaming at me the whole time. Poor Nichole probably wonders what the heck is wrong with me. I could have been at a shop hop and eating Old Spaghetti Factory with my family, who loves me. I wouldn't have hurt my car if I wasn't driving it. I probably wouldn't have had a mini panic attack last night either. boo on that crap.
reflective segue
Maybe I'm being punished for promoting childhood obesity by taking my children to McDonalds and feeding them chicken nuggets. IT IS MONOPOLY TIME THOUGH! I could win. OK probably not but I love monopoly time. a lot. and Danielle had fun on the play place. Mark didn't like it. So he threw chocolate milk on the floor. and ketchup. and ranch dressing, and nuggets, and fries, and everything he could get his hands on. He practiced his screaming skills. I should never chicken out on a trip again.

cue dramatic music:

Then a miracle occured: my children took a nap. Not Child as in Mark but children. They both slept together at the same time. For Two hours. Danielle never takes a nap anymore but I knew if she didn't it would be disastrous for us. As in I shouldn't be around people when I want to curl up in a ball and die or cry. and she went to bed. I cleaned up all the kid stuff and vacuumed.

I don't remember what else I did, but I think it involved nothing productive which is perfect. Milk Duds might have been present.

Then Sister Lord invited me over for apple pie making. I was supposed to bring a young woman but she canceled and I was still invited. So I went. Right now I am eating that apple pie. Some people have told me I wouldn't get along with Sister Lord- but I'm convinced they are wrong. The woman knows how to do a lot of things I want to be able to do. I've decided we are going to be new best friends. I'm going to learn how to smock. I don't have a ton of interest in learning how to cook- if I did I would have learned it from my mom, but I do want to know about French embroidery technique.
I wonder if my mom and Sister Lord would get along... My mom's pretty neat you know, even if she doesn't really like apple pie.

End Positive Post #7

Claire (October 15, 2010 at 8:50 AM)  

i love sis lord! she knows how to do a lot, shes considerate AND funny! you should hang with her! just dont forget abt your other friends. and sorry abt ur car :(

Nichole (October 15, 2010 at 11:01 PM)  

I was not thinking what is wrong with you, I could see you were just having a rough day. So sorry about your car, but thanks for making my children's day for meeting us at McDonalds. The food was not great, Mark was unhappy, but the girls had fun :) We'll go again on a better day.

Post a Comment