Marriage Excellence: Good Reads Positive Post #12

Have you ever read the book His Needs Her Needs? I like it. It talks about people's top ten emotional needs. You can rate what yours are- then it talks about how your needs will be different than your spouse's needs. For example Recreational Companionship, Familial Support, Communication, Admiration, Sex, Financial Support, Attractiveness, etc. I just realized I know they guy ones more than the girl ones. hmm... Anyway it has quizzes- which is super desirable in a relationship book.
I actually think it is one of my favorite relationship books. I like how it has so many ideas. I recommend it to people- but not without a warning that it isn't perfect.

What isn't perfect about it? The title. I've been working on some other ideas:



Each chapter of this beauty starts with an example story. That story? Why a couple had an affair. It must be mind blowing to be a therapist. So many different ways people screw over the people they used to love. Who can keep up? Therapists must live in constant fear that they are doing something wrong in their relationships.




You think you know how to love the opposite sex and make them happy. You are a fool. A huge fool. Every instinct you have will lead to their unhappiness. If you follow your gut, your spouse will have an affair.



Have you ever tried to be the perfect spouse? There are not enough hours in the day. Your spouse could doubtless do better. Or maybe you could. Good luck avoiding the affairs we describe!


Read anything that's improved your marriage lately?

End Positive Post #12

Claire (October 24, 2010 at 3:10 PM)  

I love how you edited the cover, because every single chapter does actually start with an affair/story of how someone ruined their marriage.

Mrs. Dr. (October 24, 2010 at 11:13 PM)  

LOVE the alternate titles. Would totally buy the last one if I saw it in a store.

Post a Comment