I am exhausted.



I have to say one of my favorite things is cute little babies who have eyes that go just a tiny bit cross eyed. Mark is a squishy little cuddle. He is so different from Danielle- he just wants us to hold him all day. Or to nurse all day. Hello slow baby- Danielle wasn't cuddly at all so it is still fun. I don't know what I will do in four months when he still wants to be carried everywhere- or in 14 months.

Lots of people have brought us food which is really nice since I am exhausted. I have done the dishes twice since the baby arrived and finally put up the photos in the nursery. Turns out newborns will sleep through you pounding nails into the walls.
Mark still doesn't have very much hair on the top of his head, except a tiny swirl that looks a bit like a comb over- luckily the sides are growing quite nicely so maybe he will look like a very old man soon. Mark went on a road trip this week to pick up Danielle. We really missed her on Tuesday so we packed everyone up and got Danielle early. Danielle hasn't been to a park since she has been back, but she has watched some yo gabba gabba and sang about happy thoughts a lot. She has learned a lot from yo gabba gabba- like whenever I get frustrated she knows to tell me to keep trying- don't give up. I tell her the same thing when she things it is too hard to throw away her trash in the floor.
If she knows hot to find my wipes and diapers and throw away the dirty diaper and wash her hands afterwards maybe she is ready to be potty trained.
If only I could stay awake long enough to do it.

NaDell (September 28, 2009 at 2:25 AM)  

Really, you're tired AND you have a newborn? That hardly EVER happens to anyone! :)
Glad friends are taking good care of you. It's the best when you only have to do dishes that you use to eat food someone else made and the pans are disposable. Your Grandma announced your baby in Relief Society today.
Hope he's sleeping well.
I need your new address to send you something...

The Blind Spot (September 28, 2009 at 10:58 AM)  

Could you give me your new address too, if you manage to stay awake long enough ;)

kathryn (September 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM)  

I'm sorry your exhausted! Those are really cute pictures of Danielle and Mark. Anne really likes Yo Gaba Gaba too. And I sympathize with the "don't stop--don't give up"

Dana Carlin (September 29, 2009 at 12:43 AM)  

Killian is OBSESSED with Yo Gabba Gabba and is constantly singing different song from it. He is also find of "keep trying". And "there's a party in my tummy". I think his favorites are "goodbye" and "balloons make me happy".
I want to see you very soon :( i wish you still lived here.

Megan (September 30, 2009 at 1:14 PM)  

Congrats on your second baby. I think he looks exactly like John. Danielle is so big now! That's crazy to see how old she's gotten. Congrats again :)

Post a Comment