Help me decorate the guest room

I am so happy with the Amy Butler Quilt I made and it lives in our guest room. Only now I am going to paint the guest room and decorate the walls. I need help with ideas. Philadelphia magazine had a cute set of them from ozwalled. I like the golden yellow color.
Etsy also has some ideas including the cute oneupdesigns wall graphic that I think might look good. I can't decide exactly what type of decal I would want- I am leaning toward three different options- some of them are called brocade and that style is probably my favorite. But there are other good styles- the floral pink on the right is great and I think it would look good in white. yellow paint with a white decal might be fun without being too obtrusive and obnoxious. the swirly pattern also looks good but I am not sure how it would look with the quilt. So now I need everyone's help- do I do it in white or teal and should I stick with a yellow paint color? I am open to ideas.
I decided to include a picture of some of the Amy Butler Fabrics that I have in my quilts- I was thinking it might be fun to try to get someone to make me a decal that matches the quilt exactly but that might be more expensive and I don't know if the designs are perfect. I am open to other options and maybe a monogram which would be cool. Maybe a little tacky though in the guest room. Tacky and wonderful . Seriously though please tell me what you think. Maybe I should forgo the decals all together or get a cute scripture.

Jennifer (May 3, 2008 at 12:34 AM)  

I love that quilt! I like the yellow wall idea - but what about doing two colors for your decals? Like teal and orange, that you can use in other accents, too? Pillows, lamps, etc?

That way, the colors are there but not overwhelming. But definitely do colors! No more white! Well, except for the baseboards - I love colored walls with crisp white baseboards - so sharp!

janaemadsen (May 3, 2008 at 8:47 AM)  

That is a great idea. But which decal? Oh I will probably do two different colors now. I like it.

DC Diva (May 5, 2008 at 7:49 PM)  

i want 2 come stay in you guest room...however it turns out.

Jana (May 5, 2008 at 9:37 PM)  

Janae,

Will you help me fix my blog so it looks "normal" (if that be possible). Me not so talented in the artwork department.

Post a Comment