Money Mondays

This week for Money Mondays I wanted to decorate Danielle's Room. Not the whole thing since she still doesn't really have furniture but at least the walls. I have a few ideas other than finishing the last two walls with painting. I love it when baby names are spelled out. Too bad she has 8 letters in her name- I guess having Danielle Claire would take up more wall space than she has, although that is so cute! Then we have Claire's name on our wall too. The land of nod has the letters for 8.95 each so I could put them up on the right side of the pictures I already have up over her crib. I like the white pottery barn frames for Danielle's room. She has a few but I just got more pictures for mother's day and I want frames for them. The pictures could also go in different places. Also I need an 11x14 inch frame for one of the pictures and they are hard to find.
A really cute mat would make the pictures look more personalized. I would want to have the white frame with a pink polka dot mat.
Having a nob to post them on would be great and I want a couple to also hang up her tutu.

Total Cost $161.60

Claire (May 13, 2008 at 3:07 PM)  

I love photo knobs (sp?). Also, I really like the idea of using ribbons to hang photo frames in a baby room.

Nelson Family (May 13, 2008 at 6:12 PM)  

Ok, so maybe the point of money mondays isn't to save money, but I love baby names spelled out too. You can get unfinished letters at nearly any craft store (even WalMart) and finish them yourself. It's cheaper, and way fun to decorate your own letters. I've seen it done with modge podge and a scrapbook paper of your choice.

Nelson Family (May 14, 2008 at 3:54 PM)  

I found that picture, and many other cute things at www.butterflycraze.com

DC Diva (May 19, 2008 at 12:50 PM)  

Nelson Family is right... I just returned from Michael's where I bought 9 in. letters for $2.99/each and I'm going to paint them. Anderson is way too long too, so I'm just doing his initials -- you should just do DCM.:)

Post a Comment