%%$$%@# Bill Pay!

Well Wells Fargo offers this free service where you can enter in a payee and send them a payment with your account number on it. My inability to understand this seemingly simple system is the topic of this post. I was going to start with an expletive but this is a semi-family friendly blog.
This last month comcast refused our payment because we had the wrong account number on our bill. I had tried to change the account number online and I thought it worked. We have also received several letters about it. Finally Wells Fargo told me that we had to completely delete them as a payee and then add my new account. That is stupid.
Also I keep not receiving ebills from PECO. Today I realized that PECO is not the same as Pennsylvania Power. the problem here is that PECO was signed up with Ebills going to John's trash can. Stupid ebills- I never see the bills until they sent us a late notice. I thought that ebills would simplify my life, not make my bills disappear. How can someone not notice that PECO Energy co is clearly the gas company and that's why PPL never has us actually owing a balance. We have lots of credit at the power company- so I guess I need to use lots of power this month. (that's a joke). Also I wish that these people would try to send us a real bill instead of just an email that gets filtered straight to my trash. For some reason yahoo really thinks I want to go back to school and get a great career but not that I want to pay my bills. Maybe they are right.
Even worse we rent a piano and they gave us "coupons" with a specific amount on them. Each month I am supposed to get a coupon of the envelope and mail it with a check. You had better believe I have lost that coupon book. maybe one month after we got the piano. So I like to just randomly send them money every month in random and increasing amounts. then every four or five months we call them and don't have to pay at all. They remind us about the coupons and we ask for more, which I lose. I guess the coupon thing is really awesome for me.
Overall I wish that I had all paper bills and a checkbook. Then at the beginning of each month I would sit at my desk and write checks with my lovely penmanship. Almost like Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables- Danielle wouldn't even interrupt me and try to rip the bills out of the binder. I would buy attractive stamps. And I would not be the victim of mail fraud like my Aunt was a few years ago with her bills. Eventually everyone seems to get their money, which is nothing short of a miracle. My bill pay miracle.

Post a Comment