My "black" name

Well I had a great birthday yesterday. and I must say I loved going to lunch with Judi and spending time with John. We went and saw the movie forbidden Kingdom and my friend Allison watched Danielle and it was so nice to go on a birthday date. I loved how many people remembered my birthday- I got so many exciting presents and someone even brought me cookies. John made me red velvet cake which is really yummy. I ate it for dinner and for breakfast this morning also for lunch. Ahh cake is so good. Thanks everyone for remembering me and calling me and sending presents and cards on my birthday- it was the best!
Well today I met one of my neighbors and I was told that my name was a "black" name. It was interesting to think about because I have always liked my name and I would recommend it to everyone for naming their children. I guess lots of black people in Philadelphia have my name. Well according to my neighbor. Is it weird to say someone has a black name? Can I say that? Probably not to someone who is actually black, so I don't think I should say it.
Here is my photo as a girl with a black name.

mablebrown (July 2, 2008 at 12:19 AM)  

I don't think I've ever met or heard of another Janae! It's so unique, unlike mine. I must know a hundred Sarahs.

Way to go John on the red velvet cake!

Post a Comment