Mother's Day


I really liked mother's day today- even though I had a little bit of a cold. I got to go to church and Danielle was really cuddly today. John got me a really cool ear piece and made me crepes for breakfast- so yummy! Also I have a great photo of Danielle to put on my wall. here is what I ate for dinner- yummy homemade fettuccine alfredo with shrimp. The parsley was from our container garden which made me feel great. I love that if I need basil or parsley or other herbs I can go out to my garden to get them.
Mother's day is such a strange thing for me. I still don't feel like I should be doing anything other than visiting my mother to celebrate. We go to to church and everyone talks about mother's and I guess I just still don't feel like a mom. I sent my mom a present which was exciting, but I didn't get to see my mom. I miss her and it seems like I didn't really get to do something special for her this year. In church the YW SOLD flowers to the ward as a fundraiser. John wasn't there when they were selling them and I was not very happy that they were selling the flowers. What happens if someone can't afford it. I told John not to worry- I think that's more for grandmas and I remember my mom saying she didn't like feeling like mother's day was a competition- who has the biggest flowers? Who got the biggest present? I like presents but I am really happy that we are trying not to worry or compare with people. I still loved Kathryn's idea that you get a day off on mother's day, and I got to take a glorious nap today after John made me lunch. I guess that is the motherhood difference- The greatest gift in the world is sleep.

kathryn (May 12, 2008 at 1:15 PM)  

Janae,

I'm glad you had a good mother's day. The picture of Danielle is adorable! And I think that is really wierd that the YW would sell the flowers. It seems like that misses the point to honor ALL mothers (and of course those with a mother heart too)

mablebrown (July 2, 2008 at 12:21 AM)  

Is Danielle wearing a tutu?! I love it!

Post a Comment