Oh where Oh where has my pregnancy test gone....?


I remember the days when I had just married John and was completely paranoid that I was pregnant every month. If I didn't have my period on time or even early I though- oh my goodness I am pregnant! Having a pregnancy test on hand helped make me feel better. Too bad one day I tested pregnant and joined the ranks of high schoolers who had an accidental pregnancy- except it was good timing so no one seemed surprised. So I have never gotten over my fear of being pregnant, even with an IUD. The other day I realized that I didn't have any pregnancy tests on hand- I gave the last one to Claire to take for Honeymoon assurance. So I said to my friend "I will pick up a pregnancy test" and she was surprised. John said "Oh, she takes those all the time- it's like a hobby for her." My friend thought it was hilarious.
And it's true. I have taken two of the three pack- both times I wasn't pregnant. Still no period after baby so I guess that IUD is paying off after all. I foolishly just threw them away in the bathroom trash. So today I realized that I am missing a pregnancy test. I realized this after my friend came over to make jam and one of the pregnancy tests was on the changing table. That's right, she had picked it up off of the floor. How mortifying. Someone seeing your used pregnancy test is sort of like missing a period only gross. Good thing she knows I am not pregnant- and do I have to explain my obsession? How did the test end up on the floor? Was Danielle carrying it around?
Also I have looked ALL OVER downstairs and in the bathroom trash and pregnancy test number two is MIA. I will never find the thing. How crazy is that? I marked it, and it is somewhere downstairs. When I took the positive pregnancy test I remember throwing it away in the bathroom trash as well. A few days later we came home and one of our dear little doggies was chewing on something. Yes- it was my pregnancy test. Leave it to the dogs.
Did you know that you can take a free pregnancy test online? I guess you can enter a bunch of stuff and they will tell you if you are pregnant. It's not as fun as the pink sticks but maybe I will have to switch over. Until then- good luck to me finding the missing pregnancy test in the toy bin. Or maybe Austin already found it.

Claire (May 16, 2008 at 8:08 PM)  

I never even took any of the tests you gave me. Obviously, I'm not pregnant although I am quite moody. and hungry.

Jennifer (May 19, 2008 at 7:16 PM)  

I can't believe she picked it up! Rule one - don't touch things that have been peed on!

Jennifer (May 19, 2008 at 7:17 PM)  

I mean the friend. Obviously, Danielle doesn't know these simple rules yet. But maybe you could put these up in letters on her wall, instead of her name?

janaemadsen (May 20, 2008 at 10:04 PM)  

Danielle has started to throw baby fits- she insists that she should be allowed to dig her nails into my face for example- I FOUND THE TEST! It was in a fabric bin downstairs. Danielle likes to climb in the bins and she does it whenever I leave one open- so she must have taken her new prize with her. I am washing all the fabric I guess.

mablebrown (July 2, 2008 at 12:15 AM)  

I can't believe you have a stash of pregnancy tests! You crack me up.

Post a Comment