March


Well yesterday morning I opened the door and a few inches of snow fell in the door. There is something about a snowstorm that is beautiful and fun.
I hate it. I hate snow. I have short legs so my pants are always wet in the snow. Unless you wear cut off pants, which can get cold when it is windy. Then there is the matter of shoes- no one has time to put on winter boots while taking out a dog. and my house slippers just got wet.
Welcome to storms on the east coast- 50 degrees one day and then- a foot of snow. At least it isn't covered in an inch of ice.
So of course the dog had urgent potty issues all morning. In theory he should be able to hold it more than 30 minutes. I forgot the joy of having a puppy. They like to bite things. They have tons of energy. If you try to get close to them they jump up and lick you in the eye. They can't sit. Or stay. Or lay down. Or stop trying to eat the guitar hero guitar. You take them out and 5 minutes later they pee themselves in the kennel. I forgot only sleeping a few hours a night because you don't want to clean up dog poo. Maybe I forgot because compared to a baby a puppy is a nice vacation. and two months later you get to sleep again. And you don't realize a year later that the poo's are so stinky and they won't learn to be potty trained for a while.
Now if that doesn't give you baby fever, I don't know what will.
Danielle screamed for "Mama" all morning, even when I was there.

Annoying contest.
Bedford 0 Danielle-1
This morning we are really trying out how long Bedford can hold it. My hair is wet and there is nothing worse than the feeling of a super cold blast of wind in your wet hair.

mablebrown (March 5, 2009 at 4:15 PM)  

There is nothing worse than wet and COLD hair! Brrr! I'm sorry you can't have my 80 degree March.

Post a Comment