Dear Friend

Dear friend,
Thanks so much for your help rearing my child. I don't know where I would be without you. Probably my baby still wouldn't be walking, because parents have anything to do with that. I know there are lots of different things you can teach a child. Maybe you could have taught her that John's name isn't Mama. Actually you could teach her that Mama is a name and not a command to look at her. Or you could teach her that "butt" and "bed" don't sound all that similar. Instead you taught her the fun of slapping her daddy on both sides of the face. One of those just walking by and show the toddler once learning events. Like the words other kids say that she learns after hearing them once, rather than after all the practice.
You will be happy to hear about her progress. Danielle still knows the slap people on the face trick. She loves it. Just the other day she climbed into my lap while I was watching the very important show the Bachelor and slapped me. What fun we had when it didn't work and she just punched my face.
Danielle practices her new skill now whenever I'm trying to do anything other than look at her. Sometimes I forget how important practice is and think she is trying to cuddle with me. At least we know she can stick with something when she is learning it.
If you have any more ideas feel free to just do them. Maybe you could give her some candy every time you see her. Or you could show her how to turn the light off in the foyer at church that is clearly accessible if she would climb from the chair to the display table. I will leave the parenting up to you.
Janae

NaDell (March 7, 2009 at 12:24 PM)  

Oh, could we give her awesome stickers to put all over real wood furniture and nice pillows?
Could I give her popsicles and popcorn while you are busy cleaning your house?
How about Spaghetti?
(Or maybe those things don't bother you....)

Post a Comment