"Cack"

Danielle has found her first all purpose word. It begins with a hard C and ends with ck. In the middle there are variations on vowels that can be interchangeable when she wants them to be. Since I want everyone to understand my daughter I just give her what she wants.
I think just about every child knows the word "Cook" which is a cookie. If they have ever so much as seen a cookie they know what every cookie ever made is and ask for it in advanced verbal skills. "Couck" can also mean cold, which is is when the wind is blowing. Now she has a good point- when the wind is blowing it is usually cold outside. It also means couch. Luckily just this week "Gaag" is doggie. What happened to the days when she could say doggie and sound convincing? I guess they left when she learned her new favorite phrase- dog poop. Danielle knows that dog poop lives in the yard. and out the window. but not in her diaper. When Danielle needs a diaper change that is "cuck," her version of yuck. (Honestly she also says poop but sometimes it is pee and she just doesn't get it- if she wants a new diaper the word is poop or cuck.) There is always something about bathroom with children.
She also knows the very important food she can get with Cack- which is a cracker. (I am exaggerating the difference between all these vowels of course.) She likes club crackers the best and if she doesn't like the crackers Austin is always there for her. At night her daddy reads her a "cook: which has a different sounding C. Then they point to parts of her face, like her nose or eyes. "Cuck" is one of her favorites- and she most of the time points to the cheek, or to the zit on my chin which is super funny.
Many people would think the word for Blankie would start with a B, but they would be wrong. "Cack" is blankie, and if she is ever in the car without one she starts yelling. The first time I heard frantic cries for "cack" I was a little bit confused. Luckily one morning she got out of bed and handed me "Cack" and then said "up...peees" which means she wants me to carry her downstairs. Danielle shares cack with gaag. She knows that when gaag is tired he needs a cack. She knows this because she likes to sleep with a cack. She rarely shares her blanket but if you are sleeping on the couch while she watches sesame street and dances she might lay her cack on your stomach. Or climb on you and step straight on some really painful nerves I didn't know I had in my leg.
Austin is in love with getting a cack. He knows he isn't allowed to touch the baby stuff and blankets unless Danielle shares them. He is the real princess in our family after all.
With the right word you can cuddle with people, read books, get fed and get your diaper changed. What more could a person want? Maybe she will learn a new way to ask for my purse.

Post a Comment