Food Storage Danielle Style

Some people say that food insecurity leads to food hoarding. So does that mean that food storage is an example of food insecurity or good planning? And when my daughter does her own type of food storage, should I be worried about her?
Now we all know that Danielle has inherited some raccoon genes from me. She loves shiny things and almost always picks her sparkly shoes (except on boots day- or when she picks the sandals that don't fit her yet.) Now I have discovered that she is also part squirrel. She stores food. It is always funny when Danielle asks for "cack" and if you don't answer fast enough she shows up with crackers. Now goldfish crackers are usually stored in the red shoes. Pretzles are frequently stored in the sneakers. There is almost always food in at least one pair of shoes on the rack. Like a whole bag of goldfish crackers. Or about 40 dice. Dice go in the boot, of course. Today we stopped her from putting half of her oreo cookie (John gave it to her, not me) in her shoes.
I am glad that Danielle is learning to be self-reliant. Soon she will learn to bring a chair over to the counter so she can get on top of the fridge and get her own cookie. Which she will store in her shoe for the coming famine.

HeatherandTanner (March 18, 2009 at 2:49 PM)  

Ok, that's semi-adorable. I only say semi because I'm thinking of the fact that she is eating food out of her shoes...

NaDell (March 19, 2009 at 12:22 PM)  

At least someone is thinking ahead!
Just kidding.
Maybe she needs some special, expensive rotating shelves or something.
Maybe one of those dog food containers that is full all the time because it keeps refilling itself and she wouldn't be so worried about that.
I am kidding. Or am I?
Now that I've thought of that, I just might do it for cereal in the mornings.

Harley King (March 20, 2009 at 12:53 PM)  

It seems to me the problem isn't that she stores food in her shoes but that she may not have enough shoes.

Maybe you should buy her more shoes so she can work on the Prophet's 1-yr storage request.

Can she not use Jon's shoes, or are those big shoes to fill?

mablebrown (March 23, 2009 at 7:23 PM)  

Your child is a genius. I am totally going to hide my cookies in my shoes so Ben can't eat them all.

Post a Comment