I am Bitter.


I am bitter about the election. First Obama is beating Hillary, my candidate. And Hillary is making mistakes.
Well it seems like Obama is also making many mistakes. John told me about some of his comments that people are bitter and he has been branded an elitist. So of course I looked it up. Yahoo didn't have anything but they like Obama so there you go. Some say he has ruined his chances- Hillary passed out buttons saying "I'm not bitter" and McCain also declares that he isn't bitter. The interesting thing about Obama?: He didn't really take it back. Probably he is an intellectual elitist. Maybe he is frustrated that idiots get to vote. I think it's fair for the idiots to be upset. Maybe he was just a little too honest. Either way it isn't looking hot for the Democrats in my mind. USA today said the comments were "ill chosen" which is what he said but really if everyone is making a big deal out of it probably your comment was at least stupid.
And with Hillary mistaking schoolchildren for snipers my Democrats are getting a little worn out. I thought they were golden- with how Bush is setting things up for them it seems like they are doing quite well.
So I did what I had to- I finally made the McCain Onesie- I was going to have it say "I need a hero." but this just had to be. Maybe something good will come from all of this. Maybe I will finally sell a political onesie.

john (April 13, 2008 at 3:44 PM)  

I am not too bitter about the election. I like all of the candidates pretty well. I also like your political onesies. And you should know that although you support Hillary, Danielle frequently needs a change.

Claire (April 14, 2008 at 12:55 PM)  

love the political baby onesies.

Jennifer (April 15, 2008 at 10:39 PM)  

Am I the only person that thinks his comments just weren't that big of a deal? Why is it that elections cause people to dissect everything far beyond the point of ridiculousness?

I totally agree with the point he was making, which was that conservative leaders have failed most of their own voters that those voters are left with the choice of either voting along decisive hot topic issues (as opposed to voting with their economic interests) or changing parties altogether.

Bottom line - its a mess out there! And I need a change...though not in the way that Danielle probably does!

janaemadsen (April 16, 2008 at 3:49 PM)  

Jen I fear I have to name you an Obamamaniac. It has come this far. Although I think you are maybe right. Does this mean that you don't want a McCain Onesie for that neighbor girl's baby? Or maybe it means I should have stuck with the I need a Hero design. I suspect that after Hillary doesn't get the nomination Danielle will have to wear her I need a Change onesie in public so we can politicize her a little more.

Rachelle Sharp (April 16, 2008 at 11:01 PM)  

I love that you "politicize your baby."

Post a Comment