Superman

One of my favorite childhood memories is playing superman with my dad. he would pick us up and spin us around- flying around the house like superman. I still remember getting to big to do it and being very sad. There is something wonderful about being superman. This does not mean I like roller coasters- I hate roller coasters.
Mark also likes to fly through the air with his daddy.


Mark is a little bit wild- he likes it when we growl at him. I am super pleased with the schedule he has had for the past week. He goes to bed around 9:00 P.M. then he wakes up between 6 and 7 and eats, then he goes right back to bed. He finally wakes up around 10:00 for the day. I guess this could have some negative implications for our church attendance but I guess I could just wake him up. HOW WONDERFUL IS IT TO HAVE A BABY SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT? After ten short months Mark got the hang of it- on the day he turned 10 months old exactly. cross your fingers for us that it is permanent.

During the kitchen remodel we realized what our next furniture purchase could be. But I want a couch that isn't sunken in on one side. In case we have never spoken you should know I want a lot of things.
I guess super glue joints don't last forever. All I can say is Thank Goodness for tablecloths because our table is hideous. The chairs are breaking, the finish is gone and there are a few gouges, beside the removable leg. But we also have children so I've heard this is the fate of all of our furniture. Don't even get me started about the coffee table that used to have finish on it or the couch that has had all sorts of unmentionable things spilled on it. I want a car with leather seats so I can wipe all the water/juice off. So add up the total amount of things I want and divide it by our bank account and you get? No furniture, thank you very much.
What I get is our carpet shampoo machine that has an upholstery attachment and the tablecloths my mom bought me a long time ago. And some screws for that leg...

kathryn (July 23, 2010 at 10:57 AM)  

I love dads! I used to step on my dad's feet and walk around and I also used to climb him up until I got to his shoulders. I tried getting Pete to do the same thing, but he didn't quite get it. I think it's funny how when I start working on projects for the house, my to-do list becomes longer and longer, instead of shorter and shorter.

kathryn (July 23, 2010 at 10:59 AM)  

I didn't try climbing up Pete, I meant the kids tried climbing up Pete. I thought I would clarify because that would be awfully weird and obvious that it didn't work if it was me who was trying to climb.

NaDell (July 23, 2010 at 12:19 PM)  

We used to "Roar" at Olivia when we changed her diaper or clothes when she was a baby so she wouldn't be scared of loud noises and then laugh. She loved it. The surprise of it cracked her up, but then she came to expect it so we had to do it at more random times.
Those are great pictures catching John in his element as a dad.
We have decided that a new table is on our list for our next tax refund, but I'm not going to do any real work finding it because we have a brother-in-law who loves to find great deals. I told him that we want a HUGE table and matching (novel idea) chairs that will last us our whole lives. No problem, right?

C (July 27, 2010 at 4:00 PM)  

Mom and me dance class eh??
Is there a recital at the end, cause that would be really funny. I mean fun. :)

We're coming up next month sometime.
Hope I get to see ya-
And maybe I can see all this remodeling you're talking about.

Post a Comment