Resolutions



It took me a while to develop New Years Resolutions. I think I have some good ones.
1. Be able to park one car in our garage. I remember growing up my parents had dog bones in our garage. In our last place we had a one car garage and you couldn't park in it and get a car seat in and out of the car. I have never actually lived in a place where you can park any cars in the garage. As soon as the cement for our fence leaves the garage I have big plans for it.
2. Be done with our kitchen redo. I will be posting more about this later. I don't like redoing our kitchen. It makes me realize why people have outdoor kitchens and dining rooms. If you are going to paint your cabinets do it in the spring.
3. Be completely unpacked and have an organized basement. I gave myself permission to avoid the basement since it is freezing cold right now. But it is a goal so I will do it.
4. Run a half marathon in May. I have already wanted to quit and I've only been running for two weeks. This is probably the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.
5. Cook one new meal a week. Well as soon as I'm done painting the kitchen.
6. Have all the pictures up.
7. Teach myself more about photography- get a book or something.
8. Figure out how to use my screen printer. Maybe I will make shirts for the family vacation this year.
9. Have a fenced yard and work in the yard at least three hours a week. I like gardening and Danielle does too. Right now it is too cold but soon we will be out there again. I just got one of my favorite garden tools and I am excited to try it out.
10. Paint the front door and re-do the entry. I guess there is a quarry nearby where they give extra pieces away- so I might get some pretty reasonably priced rock for a new pathway. Now I just have to learn how to pour concrete.

When Jen visited she seemed concerned that our house would burn down. So I made shorter drapes for the office. I actually got cafe window drapes from Target and added fabric to them- total cost of about $22.00 which is pretty good for a window treatment. Claire you will notice the beautiful orange magazine holders which I love. Thank you. And my covered books. This week's projects make me smile.

Chris W. (January 16, 2010 at 12:13 PM)  

The drapes are darling! Is there a radiator under them that makes longer ones a fire hazard?

sivab (January 16, 2010 at 6:12 PM)  

WOW Janae it all looks so nice. I am jealous and that is coming from someone who has the same office. :)

HeatherandTanner (January 17, 2010 at 3:14 PM)  

Good luck on the half marathon! Tanner did one a couple of months ago, and even though it was awefully painful, he was so happy he did it in the end! And I agree, those drapes are darling! When I get a house can you be my interior decorator? :)

Rachelle Sharp (January 18, 2010 at 5:52 AM)  

Love your house and the office definitely ruled when I came and visited. Best. Room. Ever. I'm sure the kitchen will overtake it soon with all the work you're doing on it! Keep it up!

kathryn (January 18, 2010 at 3:27 PM)  

Is that your dining area? It is so cute and airy and so much light. I like your office too. And I would love to see your kitchen cabinets when they are finished. I heard from someone that painting your own cabinets is a very tricky task. Good job for taking it on! And good luck on the half marathon. I hate running, but I like walking. I think it would take me a very long time to walk a half marathon.

Post a Comment