Once Their Was A Snowman

Danielle's snow spider ate some snow. She let me put all her snow gear on. I guess she doesn't really have snow boots but she does have really cute gloves that look like spiders.


So we pretty much live in a frozen wasteland and we get lots of snow. I think we currently have about six inches on our lawn. Saturday Danielle and I went out to make a snowman. The beautiful snow was too powdery to stick together. The next day it was coated with Ice. Despite our troubles Danielle loves the snow. We shoveled our walk and the neighbors walk. I used the car scraper and Danielle needed the shovel to make circles in the driveways. Mark learned to play with his ball and loves his fuzzy boots for inside. He is so funny and loves to sleep in his crib now. I haven't really had a baby that gets overwhelmed by too much excitement before. He likes things to be quiet and peaceful and yesterday he got overwhelmed when we had some friends over. As soon as we put him in his safe crib he stopped crying and fell asleep. Gone are the days when the best way to calm our baby is to take them to a movie or play loud R&B. Is it just me or was Danielle rather unusual?

Danielle loves snow- She plays outside until her hands are frozen then comes inside then wants to go back out again. When we visited NJ Sara blogged about Danielle in the snow and got some great pictures:
From her blog-

Building Snow Castles

This is when without uttering a word, Danielle and Ed just decided to randomly take off and head down the road.

Danielle was very attentive to "snow babies" as she called them right up to the point when she decided they needed to be hurled at me while I was trying to take a picture of her. A mother's rage I guess.

sivab (January 10, 2010 at 4:52 PM)  

I really like the snow spider gloves to you think i could get some in my size? My girls would love to live with you in your snowy palace.

Carlie (January 10, 2010 at 5:32 PM)  

Danielle is so cute!! ANd, so is Mark! I can't get over how cute they are!

NaDell (January 11, 2010 at 12:17 AM)  

Do you mean that you shoveled your driveway and a neighbor's driveway with your ice scraper while Danielle had the shovel?
Huh?
Hope you have plenty of food in your house and lots of movies to watch or things to sew. I'd just want to hang out all day.
Mark sounds like a great baby, except for all the pooping out of his outfits onto yours. You better work on that. =)

mablebrown (January 11, 2010 at 4:45 AM)  

Danielle's snow clothes are fantastic!

Carlie (January 11, 2010 at 11:47 AM)  

When I was little, I used to pretend that my hands were "sea spiders" and my feet were "sea horses." I would have died of happiness to have Danielle's mittens. They are so awesome!

Harley King (January 12, 2010 at 9:28 PM)  

slick pics.

PS your etsy shop...kind of amazing.

Post a Comment