Two Children


Something tells me that Danielle has a hard time with baby Mark. She always says she loves him and she likes to cuddle him. She doesn't try to act like a baby or take his things. But she has had some hard times since he was born. One thing she has learned is that when mommy is taking care of baby Mark she can do ANYTHING!
Not good.
This week she "painted" all over my nice rug and the white carpet with yogurt while I was changing the babies diaper.
She also climbed on the counter and got in the cupboard at night while I was feeding the baby and John was taking the dog out. She ate some tylenol and "painted" all over her room with it. She can open child safe bottles better than I can. John took her to the hospital and after a few hours we learned she didn't eat enough to poison herself.
Danielle knows she can feed the dog anything when mom is feeding baby Mark.
Danielle knows I will come fast if she tries to get Mark out of his crib.
Danielle seems to only want to go potty while Mark is eating. She is having trouble with the potty thing. How do people potty train a child when they have a new baby? She says it is too hard to go poo on the potty- because she gets impatient. That doesn't stop her from trying to change her own diaper after she goes poo. YUCK. At least she doesn't go to the bathroom on the floor when I am taking care of baby Mark, which I have heard some children do.
Danielle runs into my room while I am feeding the baby and steals whatever she can get her hands on. Usually my deodorant or clothing.

Now if only I could get her to get me a burp cloth and a drink of water while I am feeding him...

NaDell (December 2, 2009 at 4:59 PM)  

The way to potty train while nursing.......Don't.
I waited until 5-6 months after my baby was born to tackle that, which coincidentally (or because I'm compulsively OCD) happened to be right when my kids turned three. I decided after the first kid to make sure I wasn't recovering from a c-section, nursing, and potty-training at once.
As for the rest of the stuff, how likely is it that she will do a special (approved) project of her own next to you while you nurse? Something like sticker foamy shapes or something she can only play with at certain times?
Make sure you learn the poison control number too. 1-800-222-1222
Hmmm, you can send me an email with any other queries and I'll try to brainstorm with you. Did you get your package? Maybe she could keep busy with that toy?

Jennifer (December 3, 2009 at 12:08 AM)  

Oh my! You certainly have your hands full!

Carlie (December 5, 2009 at 10:31 PM)  

Danielle is such trouble. I bet she'll come in handy when Mark is a little older. They can entertain each other.

Post a Comment