Sunday Thoughts

photos of my first haircuts.

hair. everywhere. There are still little bits on the floor of the bathroom. Those of you who know me should know that I am not entirely for cutting your kids' hair. It drives me crazy that people just shave their husbands heads at the same length all over so they look like great fuzzballs. Many children also look afflicted with a great infection on their heads.
Unfortunately Danielle has fallen into this category. I have no delusions about being a hairdresser. Once I cut someone's hair but they were coming from a very bad place so it couldn't really get any worse. When Danielle was born I tried to pay others to cut her hair. Her sleep movement patterns still create a great fuzzball but they don't eliminate all her hair anymore. It is challenging to have a girl with a semi bald head. I thought a professional could help make something from her hair.
Sometimes I was right. More often than not I was incorrect. Danielle hates to sit still. She hates getting her haircut. She is very impatient. Once she looked fantastic. All the other times she looked either mediocre or TERRIBLE.
I decided that if her hair was going to look horrible I could do it. I am confident in my ability to produce an ugly haircut. so we went to Target and bought a hair cutting kit.
We have already recouped the initial cost and my family is happy with their very amateur haircuts. Today- in what was one of the most frightening experiences of my marriage- I gave John a haircut. Giving an adult a haircut makes me want to poo my pants. The only person who had more fear than I did was John. Rude.
Maybe if he doesn't pay attention I will give him a mullet. Danielle could get a mullet too, if only she would grow hair in the back.

NaDell (December 14, 2009 at 12:49 AM)  

Looks like you did a great job on John's hair. Andy cuts his own hair and I don't worry about it. Once in a while, he'll go see my cousin who cuts hair an hour from here.

mablebrown (December 14, 2009 at 11:28 AM)  

John's hair looks really good! I'm impressed!

kathryn (December 14, 2009 at 11:37 AM)  

I don't think you should blame wives for their husband's fuzzy heads--I think (at least in my own case) they do it to themselves. Also, you did do a great job on John's hair and Danielle is adorable no matter what her hair looks like--but you did a good job on hers too. I HATE cutting Ella's hair, because I can never do it right. I just did it on Saturday. Hopefully Ella won't despise all of her childhood photos because her mom messed up her hair.

Post a Comment