Sunday Thoughts: Hot Moms.

I remember the first time that I heard the phrase "girl crush." Claire actually introduced me to the concept. It's like a girlfriend that you have a non-sexual crush on. Like the bro-mance I guess. I love it. There are just some people that never seem to make you mad. They are great.
Claire had friends at the time that she just thought were awesome. One of them is on So You Think You Can Dance now. I bet now a lot of girls have girl crushes on her. I think Claire has always had good taste in girl crushes. Also I miss having her around to poach friends from. No one is better at finding friends than Claire. People like her. She is a pretty dedicated friend too, even though I am still waiting for the blog-published Christmas list I demanded.
Here are some of mine.
1. Wendy King. It is true. Crushworthy: That woman travels A LOT. She has more friends than anyone else I know. She has lots of personality and can wear pink jeans. She is skinny and funny. Worked as a producer. Huge.
2. Jana: Crushworthy: She is the meanest mom. People who read my blog always add her button, and she can make money blogging- who does that? People actually care about if she doesn't updateAlso skinny. She has a PHD from fancy schools and is pretty funny and sarcastic. Had twins and a premature baby. HARD! Doesn't make a big deal out of it and is secretly one of the nicest people around. maybe.
3. Brit Wilkinson. We don't hang out a ton but I read her blog. Who looks like this right after they had a baby? Crushworthy: She went hiking like one week before her baby was born and also less than one month afterwards. She rock climbs. Likes mayonnaise. Colors her hair a lot and looks good with all the different options. Opinionated. Super positive. Also when she got married she got lots of stuff off of her registry. Fun.
4. Newest Girl Crush: Holly Gillis. Crushworthy: Works out seven times a week. In medical school but still bakes and watches my two kids so I can go to the gym. Loves shoes.
5. Sara Berg. Crushworthy: Has a thing with having clean floors. Runs five miles a day- WHO DOES THAT? gets perved on by creepy old men at church. and from neighbors. Had two children AT HOME. Loves organizational stuff. Shows me things that I really want to buy and wish I had found first. Good style. Acts like she isn't crafty but has some suspiciously creative looking ideas at her house. Sarcastic. Good cook too.

There are a few people I didn't include- you know who you are and I have a crush on you, but in a non-creepy way. I didn't include any of my sister in laws. I will have to periodically have a crushworthy section of my blog. And it won't always be about shoes either.

sivab (November 23, 2009 at 8:47 AM)  

it really is more like 5.2 miles buutttt who really keeps track? Can I have a crush on your crush-I wish I looked like that just after I had a baby. I just remember how fabulous you looked too. You will not find any fresh just had a baby pix of me-horrible.

BrittWilk (November 23, 2009 at 4:28 PM)  

i'm so flattered to be a hot mom and a girl crush. danka! i love you janae.

and i'm going to declare a crush on the mom that runs 5 miles everyday. geez. i have my 6 week appt tomorrow. we'll see if i can run 1 on wednesday. wish me luck. there may be walking involved. :)

DC Diva (November 23, 2009 at 8:41 PM)  

Wow, Janae -- I'm speechless! This made my day, week, entire Thanksgiving holiday!

Mostly b/c I can't believe you still remember the pink CAPRIS (not denim, for the record)... I will never forget when you told me, "Wendy, it takes a special woman to wear pink pants." I wasn't really sure what you meant...

I miss you Janae!

NaDell (November 24, 2009 at 3:22 AM)  

Hey, so I found this fun sarcastic blog about clothing and have been thinking about your shoe collection.
http://nomoremomjeans.blogspot.com
They had a link on their site for this site you would LOVE too!
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
Enjoy!

Claire (November 24, 2009 at 7:46 PM)  

You're my current friend-hero/girl crush.

Harley King (November 25, 2009 at 8:52 AM)  

I love that you have girl crushes.

Post a Comment