Dear Mayonnaise


Dear Mayonnaise,
I just wanted to leave a quick note to say that I love you. The other day when I had one of the best BLT sandwiches I've ever had I realized how Mayonnaise should really be in the name of that sandwich. BLTMayonnaise doesn't sound quite as catchy, but without you soaking into the tomato it just wouldn't have been quite as good. I love chicken salad and tuna fish when you are there.
I am so sorry about those silly friends that won't eat you. And the ones who like mustard. At times I have strayed. I cheated on you with Miracle whip. It has a sometimes pleasant zip I must admit but miracle whip will never live in my fridge the same way you do. I always come back to you. It has always been about you. I will even support you in your light format. My daughter has never had a sandwich without you (except peanut butter and jelly for obvious reasons.) My baby will eat you someday.
You make me feel good inside, and I think you should know I really appreciate that.
Love,
Janae

NaDell (November 14, 2009 at 1:12 AM)  

Sounds disgusting to me, but I'm one of those who strayed into the mustard category when I married a none mayo or miracle whip kind of guy. These days, ranch is about it, although I do really like Chicken salad sandwiches...
I think CHEESE should go on every BLT. Any kind. Cheddar, Provolone, Pepperjack, Colby-jack, ANY. Maybe all.
=)

Dana Carlin (November 14, 2009 at 3:06 PM)  

i LOVE mayo! mayo tomato sanwiches - delicious. mayo and potato chip sandwiches - amazing! i always feel too self-conscious to ask for extra mayo in public ...but i want it!

mablebrown (November 14, 2009 at 4:55 PM)  

Dude, sometime you should just try tomato, lettuce, and mayo salad. It is awesome.

aaron wilkinson (November 18, 2009 at 3:24 PM)  

All I have to say about Mayonnaise is that the longest four years of my life have been the ones married to a woman who doesn't like Miracle whip. She will only eat Mayonnaise on her sandwiches and chicken salads. There is not much room in her life for Miracle Whip. No wonder why she likes you. :)
OK, I'll admit, these last four years have been the best four years of my life and Mayonnaise isn’t that bad but just not as good as Miracle Whip.

Rachelle Sharp (November 18, 2009 at 7:01 PM)  

I have always known mayonnaise to be a nectar of the God's. Right up there with good Ranch dressing. And I have no problem asking for a side of either at a restaurant. Delicious!

Post a Comment