Fail. Sunday Thoughts.


This week was full of failure. As every holiday weekend should be.
1. We failed to make it all the way through church. This week Mark had a poo accident. All over John's white shirt and my favorite tie. You know you are headed for trouble when baby saves up his poo. Last time we had to leave for him peeing on me. I still can't seem to make it through all three hours, which are right in the middle of the only time when Mark sleeps for longer than three hours- his longest sleep each day is 5-6 hours. When we are super lucky. as we were changing him Danielle decided to change her own diaper. By the time we were done with the cleanup there were ten minutes left at church.
2. I made pie. It took a long time and when I was almost done with the crust I got impatient and just smashed it all together and rolled it out. I just couldn't make it the last five minutes. Then the bananas tasted funny. Overall the pie was a fail. but I still ate it for breakfast the day after thanksgiving. the other pie I made we brought with us to visit someone and never ate it. I am a little bitter that we didn't bring it home.
3. I failed to tell our friends we weren't coming to visit. I couldn't take the drive but I kept telling myself it might happen.
4. I failed to get a family photo like my mom asked.
5. We failed to put our fence up. Although John is really sore and most of the holes are ready for posts. I understand why people charge so much now. Just watching him do the work made me tired.
6. Danielle did not get potty trained. She decided the potty is too big for her. Although once or twice a day she still tries.
7. I forgot to bring coats with us. On Thanksgiving I decided to let Danielle stay up thinking she would sleep in the next day. As it is Mark is awake until about two in the morning so I thought I would let things happen naturally. She wanted to go get toys so at midnight we drove to toys r us. the line was INCREDIBLE! I guess we showed up about four hours too late and I forgot a coat. Danielle wanted to stay but it was too cold. What kind of mom forgets to bring a coat after letting their daughter stay up past midnight. Plus the wait was over an hour so we weren't going to get the fantastic deal on a playhouse. She fell asleep on the way home and slept until seven.
8. I failed to notice when Danielle climbed in my bed. I kept telling John that the baby was sitting up in the bed and to be careful not to roll over on him. Turns out that Danielle was in the bed, not Mark. I guess I didn't consider how the baby would sit up, or how he got in the bed.
9. I failed to play a board game. sigh...
10. I failed to be appropriately thankful on THANKSGIVING. Actually I guess most of my fails were funny and not sad. Just another week full of Sunday thoughts.

Carlie (November 29, 2009 at 6:23 PM)  

Matt got pooed on today too! Fortunately, the poo landed on a mustard colored tie Matt got from my Mom who bought it for a dollar. And, then, the bulk of the poo landed on the baby blanket.

mablebrown (December 1, 2009 at 4:13 AM)  

Happy late Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for you!

Post a Comment