Sunday Thoughts

I like the tradition of thinking about religion every Sunday. Unfortunately Sunday seems to be my least religious day. So I like to blog about it for good measure.
I wanted to go to church today. But only so I could get someone to watch Danielle some time this week. Is that wrong? Since Mark is only three weeks old and church is festering with diseased children I decided not to go. That and the fact that I woke up with crazy itching all over and had to take Benadryl. Actually we didn't have any so John went to the store and bought some. On the sabbath. And John has a cold. And Danielle sneezed a great snot filled sneeze as I was helping her pick out a dress. I don't want to add to the number of church going people who bring their sick children.
Why do people always have sick children at church? Does it matter if I keep our new baby home from church if I have a germ ridden toddler?
To top it off we went to John's opening Ball for medical school and brought Mark. We had energy for that free dinner but not for worship I guess. Mark slept the whole time so people liked him and I was very under dressed. Some people were wearing tuxedos and I wore my Japanese weekend jersey wraparound shirt and a Jjill skirt. I had a baby three weeks ago and I don't have fancy clothes- or fancy clothes that fit right now and work for nursing. My outfit was all black and I did my hair and makeup so you know the event was important. Luckily Mark had a cute blanket. I also realized that while many women had fancy clothes many also had very slutty fancy clothes. My Jersey skirt and shirt looked great, thanks largely to spanx. Having a baby is like having a cloak of invisibility though, so I volunteered to carry Mark around.
He got announced and people stood up to clap for the first Medical School baby. I was insanely happy.

I'm glad I went. Even though we all have colds now (except baby Mark).
Also glad I didn't go to church.

The Blind Spot (October 13, 2009 at 4:41 AM)  

Janae, I think it's totally okay for you not to drag Mark to an area where there is a good chance of him getting sick, be it the church or any other place. I know that Babies get sick a lot anyway and that it's normal. But he's just three weeks old. I'd probably done the same thing. I hope you're fine.

kathryn (October 18, 2009 at 5:44 PM)  

I was watching the evening news last night and a doctor said all new babies should stay away from crowded indoor places until March. I think I would go a little crazy if I had to stay in my house for six months, but I also don't have a new baby to worry about too.

Post a Comment