Freedom




I probably give my daughter too much freedom. For example she once again has been wearing the bug pants for several days. I ask her if she wants to wear her pretty pink sleeper and she says "no sanks". This is also the response I get when I ask her if she wants to go to bed. Danielle gets to pick her own clothes. She gets to select what to eat for dinner. Once she chose to go home from church. Danielle frequently decides to feed the dog junk food. She is very fast. For example just the other day I went upstairs to feed the baby and Danielle opened a bag of candy bars. Austin was really appreciative that Danielle didn't like them but I was a little sad to lose all my butterfingers. Despite all my attempts I haven't been able to replicate the consumption of a bag of candy in ten minutes. I wish I could say it is infrequent that Danielle gets food she shouldn't- but this is one of her recurring toddler victories. I can blame sleep deprivation I hope.

I am a little bitter right now about being sick and never sleeping. I know that eventually the baby will sleep for more than three hours at a time but it doesn't seem like the endless wakefullness will ever end. Mark can't really sleep with his baby cold.
Well I think I finally have pink eye and the cold everyone else has had for a while. Danielle is done with the medicine and Mark is halfway through. Also Danielle has an ear infection. Every sickness Danielle gets can aparently be solved with the use of a bandaid. from stomacheache to pink eye, many bandaids are used. I just hand them to her and let her figure it out. Usually if they ever make their target they are finished with their miraculous healing in ten minutes when she decides to remove them and attach them to the carpet.
Tonight Danielle was being super cute and we played in the garage all night- she was making a "puzzle" out of the rock climbing holds. I forgot that she can play with those things for hours on end. I know what we will be doing all morning tomorrow.

sivab (October 28, 2009 at 8:43 AM)  

oh so sorry you are sick that really sucks when you have kids around. I really like danielles furry boots. I hope you feel better soon or at least in time to get danielle out to earn you some candy on halloween to replace what she fed to austin-it is only fair.

Chris W. (October 28, 2009 at 11:55 AM)  

Sorry to hear about the pink eye and the sick baby. Hope everyone feels better soon.

Carlie (October 28, 2009 at 11:27 PM)  

Someday, if you have a baby when I don't and I live close to you, I will come to your house and let you sleep through the night. And, I'm not sure granola bars are healthier than butterfingers. I feel that they are kind of like candy in disguise.

mablebrown (November 14, 2009 at 5:54 PM)  

I hope you are finally feeling better. And I don't think you give her too much freedom. I think you are fantastic.

Post a Comment