Snow


Well I have decided it is time to join the countless ranks of parents who don't claim to have a college baby. Danielle went to bed at seven o'clock on Thursday. Why put her to bed so early? Because I can... Mark and Danielle have teamed up their not insignificant child might to make sure John and I never get to sleep. What happened to Danielle going to bed at midnight and sleeping until noon? This morning I was up at six with baby Mark and heard Danielle playing in her room. She doesn't come out of her room until around eight in the morning so she still has some sense of decency.
Mark on the other hand likes to stay up all night. I was a little premature in claiming that he was the only non-sick member of our family. Now he has his first baby cold. He likes to cuddle even more.
It is cold here- this morning the snow started to melt and I took a picture of our wonderful trees. Trees which I loved when we looked at the house. For around two thousand dollars we will be able to take off all the dead parts of the tree and avoid having any more massive branches fall off these beautiful trees on our house.

It is terrifying to have large pieces of tree fall on your house, in case you were wondering. the whole thing makes me want to buy myself a new pair of shoes.

Maybe I need two, one inspired by each child.

Carlie (October 17, 2009 at 4:58 PM)  

Thank you for sharing your experiences. When Matt and I feel especially tired, we sometimes think of you and John...with two kids and in medical school. Wow. I hope Mark starts sleeping better soon! I really dread the question "How is your baby sleeping?" from people who don't know me very well. In fact, I kind of want to avoid any place where I might run into someone who would ask me that question. I can just see myself bursting into tears and saying "how do you think he's sleeping?" Though, again, I have no room to complain because I think Eli sleeps a little better than Mark does...and yet we still live in a constant state of exhaustion :) Good luck with things. I hope you all get over your colds soon!

sivab (October 17, 2009 at 9:39 PM)  

Wowza I can't believe Scranton has snow already. I didn't notice a fence, did the guys ever show up? I remember last year we returned from NH to find a HUGE tree branch or more like half of a tree had fallen on our rental. Thanks for taking that one off of our house neighbors. These days it seems to hail tree branches above Mark's Honda. He got hit in the head once but he remembered his name after a few days so it was fine. Hope you guys all feel better soon.

kathryn (October 18, 2009 at 5:50 PM)  

I love having big trees. I think they are beautiful and I love the shade in the summer. But we have never had a huge problem with them either. Did it damage your roof? I am also way impressed that Danielle stays in her room by herself when she is awake. The moment Anne wakes up she cries until we come to get her. Also I think snow sounds way cozy!

mablebrown (November 14, 2009 at 6:09 PM)  

Those are fantastic trees, and you definitely need new shoes. Just saying, cause who doesn't really?

Post a Comment