What I did Today




Today I had a great mommy time. I mailed my packages for Ebay stuff. Even though I was the only one in line I still had to wait 20 minutes. I think there is a rule in the training for the post office where they learn how to be slow. Supposedly this man's scanner didn't work. Also there was a woman that was probably about 6 inches away from me the whole time. She kept looking at my different shipping options. I wanted to tell her to go away but I had borrowed her pen so maybe she felt like she was in my circle of trust.

Then we noticed Danielle had a rash. So I dropped John off at the train and went home instead of to the gym. On the way home I used a feature for my phone called 411 and learned that indian valley wasn't actually a city name- pretty much all those little areas are called Souderton. Next time someone tries to tell me there is a difference I will call them a liar. maybe a cheat and a liar, just for effect.

I watched some of a rerun of the bachelorette while I was waiting for Danielle's appointment. What a great show. Well, a great trashy show, but great nonetheless.
Danielle is allergic to amoxicillian. Also she still has an ear infection so she got more medicine. Her fever of 102-103 has gone down. She has hives all over her body. So we went and got her perscription and took a camomile bath. Also I got to use a product that I got for free with a fantastic coupon- the benadryl itch stick. I recommend the benadryl itch stick. Danielle has her jail pajamas on that cover her legs and arms so she will stop trying to remove all her skin. She gets really hyper with Benadryl so she is currently running around the living room and fussing and talking and screeching and laughing. I think she isn't sure how she feels, but I hope it results in a nap.
My chicken pox are worse today. In the doctors office I heard them talking about a child going in that potentially had the chicken pox and they were really worried about it and I wondered if I should ask the pediatrician about what I have. I decided not to out of fear. The photos don't really do Danielle justice, she has grown some fantastic hives.
I also cleaned the upstairs bathroom.
I don't know if it gets any better than this.

john (June 5, 2008 at 8:41 PM)  

Janae, I feel sorry for you. And Danielle. You're a great mom.

janaemadsen (June 5, 2008 at 10:38 PM)  

I think I should also say that tonight Danielle started pulling out her hair to relieve the itching.

Jennifer (June 6, 2008 at 3:47 PM)  

Poor little monkey! That sounds awful!

mablebrown (June 6, 2008 at 4:08 PM)  

I'm so sorry you and Danielle are covered in red itchiness! I hope you both get better soon. Did you ever know that my Dad caught the chicken pox from a dead body, and then gave them to me when I was three? I'm sorry I can't be there to make you soup and provide calamine lotion.

janaemadsen (June 7, 2008 at 11:27 AM)  

Danielle just got out of the hospital for her allergic reaction- she had a tube down her nose and it was so sad!

Post a Comment