Facebook

What is up with the compare people application on facebook? Just today they sent me an email to tell me what my strengths and weaknesses are. Turns out that out of 10 people who voted on if I would make a better mother, only three thought I would- better than who? Because if I am being compared to Carol I know why I am losing this battle. But what about other people- The people who come up for me to compare are people I don't know very well. Sometimes a random person comes up that I don't know at all- would I rather date Nathan Copier or Billybob Randomface? Honestly this is hard to answer. I always vote for the person that I know. The thought of voting for someone I don't know for better eyes, even if they have better eyes, doesn't appeal to me.

Then the application proudly posts who my favorite people are. It is rigged though. No matter what I do some people are the most datable according to me. I tried always voting against them and I tried always skipping that question. It doesn't matter. Also why can't I just skip the "who would I rather live with" question and get on to the "better shopping companion" category. I think that I have upped Paul Madsen's statistics single handedly and it really makes me think about who my friends are. Some facebook friends aren't really friends at all. I love facebook friends because it is nice to see your numbers growing. But in reality not all these people are my friends and I am probably ruining their statistics by not voting for them. I don't know how nate Copier from my mission and Tom Warburton do it- they are just loved by the compare people function. Where is the compare people but I am married and don't want to find someone to date on facebook. I was asked if I would rather kiss the guy in the picture here or my own brother Paul. I am not quite sure how to answer those type of questions. I always vote for the people I know out of principal but Compare people finally got the better of me. Is this a photo of an actual person? Surely not. I couldn't vote for my brother. I hate how it will notify the people about your ranking. I am hoping to find out just who wanted to be stranded on an island with me and who doesn't think I'm nice.
It's amazing how much time I can waste. thank you facebook. Now I will go send someone a little hampster in an egg or something equally important.

mablebrown (July 2, 2008 at 12:02 AM)  

Facebook is totally such a waste of time for me. I'm trying to spend less time on it. Good thing I have blogspot now!

Post a Comment