Austin's Oreos


The other day we had Casey over and she babysat for Danielle. Unfortunately she left her money in our driveway and I have to bring it to her tomorrow. After we got home we played phase 10 billion. And I lost (shocker). Something amazing happened during this game- Casey turned down mint oreos and said they were gross. She was of course incorrect.
I purchased this package of mint oreos a week ago and last night the last one disappeared. into my mouth. One I was told as an insult that I was one of those people who only ate the filling out of oreos and not the cookies. Of course that was an accurate assessment but I think it is the best insult I have ever been given. I don't like the cookies. So I carefully twist my mint oreos apart and throw the cookie to Austin the dog. He loves oreo tops. Since I feel like they are a second class snack I am happy to part with them. Then of course I take two bites out of the other cookie with no filling and carefully fold over the filling to make the perfect 2/3 filling 1/3 cookie proportion. If I can break those other cookie pieces off and hand them to Austin that is even better.
I guess double stuff just isn't enough for some people.
On Thursday I discovered something alarming after handing Austin my cookie top and walking from the kitchen to the living room. I sat down in my green chair and appreciated my oreo. Five minutes later John noticed Danielle walking around with something in her hand. Like most foods Danielle eats, it had spread to her face and clothing as well as her greedy little baby hands. She was quietly eating and not showing anyone, so John knew something was wrong.
The oreo top. Danielle had stolen the oreo top and was relishing it. She stole it right out of Austin's mouth. There are many things that are gross about this. I never realized that my daughter would like it when Austin licked her feet or play in his mouth or cuddle with him so much. My daughter's best friend is a 96 pound dog. They play hide and seek. and it turns out Danielle steals food out of his mouth.
I guess she felt bad that such a yummy treat would be shared with the dog and not with her. Even she recognizes though that Oreos are good. If you can trust someone's judgment that can't talk and eats food from a dog's mouth.

mablebrown (July 1, 2008 at 10:21 PM)  

Gotta love the Oreos. Also, I heard that dogs mouths are cleaner than ours. But I'm not sure that's true.

Post a Comment