Tasty Tuesdays

John's siblings have a blog and my sister in law Kathryn came up with the fantastic idea to have tasty Tuesdays- every Tuesday she posts a healthy and great recipe. I think to myself each week- well I didn't make anything new-can I post a grilled cheese sandwich again? How about going out to eat- because let's be honest that is pretty tasty. This week I decided to post my entry on both blogs. Because Danielle and I went strawberry picking this last little while. Also she just got over chicken pox and now I have them. I just want to rub my back against the furniture. I have already had chicken pox mind you- but here they are again. I thought I was safe.

OK I think I should post one of my favorite things to eat today. Strawberries. Yum! Danielle has been super fussy lately so I've been trying to take her places- if she can see lots of new things then she gets distracted from her misery. So we went strawberry picking the other day with my friend Jana. Danielle had a great time and I did OK keeping her from eating dirty berries off of the ground. It was so hard to get a photo of her looking at the camera because she was so busy hunting for berries. I think I finally taught her to take them off the bush not the ground, then I just have to ask to pay for a few berries my baby ate? I think I have discovered why strawberries are so expensive here- the tariff for inevitable baby and child theft.

Danielle's favorite food is strawberries and she had a strawberry shortcake themed birthday party. Later the day of this picture I found out Danielle had an ear infection, which should explain why she was fussy. Also now I have chicken pox and my back itches like crazy- Danielle just got over them. There was some kid at church on Sunday that was covered from head to toe with them and I was shocked that he was there- I don't think that you should take your chicken pox kid to church, but maybe that is my bitterness about my itching back.

So my idea for tasty Tuesday is to go strawberry picking and eat them with sugar. I love doing that. Also if you put in 4 cups of berries and 1/4 cup of Karo Syrup and blend them in your blender with 2 tbsp of sugar, then leave it in the fridge overnight you will have some beautiful strawberry syrup for pancakes. I love it.

mablebrown (July 2, 2008 at 12:01 AM)  

I'm going to try your Strawberry Syrup! It sounds so good. And I think her little strawberry covered face is so adorable!

Post a Comment