Family

As we see family I have been thinking about things I am grateful for about my family. John's family stays up late at night and talks about things- including what is normal in this family. So I thought I would write my own what a family is list.

  • A family loves you
  • A family fights sometimes
  • Family eats dinner together
  • Family goes on vacation together
  • Family drives across the country together
  • Family invites you over for dinner
  • Family calls you on your birthday
  • Family gets you presents
  • Families gossip
  • Families stay up late talking about ideas and childhood and everything else that exists.
  • Families compete for attention
  • Family will buy stuff from your internet shop :-) and maybe even some tupperware
  • Or Mary Kay makeup if they are really nice.
  • Family will let you come stay with them for a while and borrow a car if they have an extra one
  • Family will ignore you
  • Family buys you groceries
  • Family brings cereal on trips
  • Family sends cards on birthdays
  • Families read together
  • Families have songs they can sing together- or poems or inside jokes that always bring up good thoughts.
  • Family reads your blog and even comments when you are lucky.
  • Families share opinions about which brands are best.
  • Families understand why the bathroom has to be cleaned a certain way.
  • Families hug each other
  • Families will call you even if they are mad at you, just because it has been too long.
  • Families go out to eat together.
  • Families love the same desserts
  • Family knows the food you are allergic to and remember not to make it for your birthday dinner.
  • Families will tell you honestly how you could be better.
  • Family remembers your most embarrassing moment in high school.
  • Families look alike.
I like my family.

Harley King (June 29, 2008 at 11:04 PM)  

*Families beat the hell out of you when you get bad grades.

The above never happened to me when I got bad grades. I'm just saying it happens in some families.

mablebrown (July 1, 2008 at 8:37 PM)  

For your Family list, I have a list of comments:

1. you left off--families will drive you crazy!

2. I remember sitting around with your family and laughing my butt off, and Claire's response to your post made me laugh right out loud.

3. I love posts that are lists!

4. Are you selling Mary Kay products? I need some info on this!

5. It is so true that families like the same desserts!!

NaDell (August 27, 2008 at 4:49 AM)  

I like your family list. It's pretty true. You even left off most of the cliches, like, "when the going gets tough..." and "families that _____together, stay together." I love it.

Post a Comment