SLEEP and car trips.

Well I keep getting all these really funny ideas for what to write about, but then I forget them. This is like how in loaded questions I think I am funny but then realize I am not. I have decided my blog will never be as good as some people's. This happened after I added a counter to my blog. Then I saw Jana's. My blog has had maybe 500 unique views and it is exciting. Her blog? Over 24,000. She averages about 17 comments per post. I have blog envy. Also, her blog is much more interesting than mine. Many of my blog ideas come when I am tired and in the car.
One day I went to pick up John at the train station and I was early. So I sat in the air conditioned car and watched people. One of my favorite things to do in the world is watch people. There was a family of a little boy and his mom standing by the building. I couldn't really tell how old the boy was. He was in that 3-6 year old size where he was still shorter than the pole but a little chunky. And it looked like he was humping the pole. At first I didn't want to look but his mom was talking to someone else and I just couldn't figure out what was going on. The song I want to make love in this club came on the radio and Danielle started dancing too. That little boy was pole dancing at the train station. His mom was standing right there and didn't seem to notice and I still wish I knew where this boy learned to dance like that. I didn't think the hip thrusting and pole twirling style dancing was something that babies just naturally did. I guess some of the pussycat dolls really were born to do that. Also he was right on the cusp of the size where parents usually tell you to stop dancing in public. John wouldn't dance in public if you paid him and here was this kid, humping a pole. And me listening to the perfect soundtrack.
I have learned to like R&B songs because Danielle seems to like them. She used to just scream every time we got in the car and I hated it. Until I bought the Justin Timberlake CD that was stuck in my head. Danielle's favorite song was born. Danielle wants to bring sexy back.
I have been surprised what kind of desperation the baby car ride problem creates. We thought we could drive to Atlanta with her and got the idea that we should leave in the night. Danielle sleeps through the night- usually 12 hours. And she can sleep in the car so it seemed perfect. But it wasn't. The first stop for gas Austin barked at a dangerous woman next to us and Danielle never went back to sleep. That was 2 in the morning. We had to stop for two hours at a hotel because we got stuck in a rainstorm. I secretly wanted to bail out of the car trip and I was whining and complaining to give John subtle clues and my chance came with the rainstorm. Danielle couldn't sleep with all the thunder and lightning. But she also couldn't sleep at the Hotel. No luck on the Janae nap.
Not even Sexy back helped Danielle feel better but she eventually cried herself to sleep. Or maybe I just used my super powers to fall asleep. Now I don't usually like to talk about super powers because I don't want people to feel bad but I have the super power to sleep through just about any car trip. once my dad drove me to Victoria BC and I slept the entire way. That was a 13 hour car ride. When my family lived in Texas and I was going to school at BYU I could sleep the whole way. Sometimes I would try to sleep while I was driving, but that wasn't super popular with the other members of the trip. Either way when I get in the car for a car trip I can fall asleep sitting up for a super long time. I would even say almost any length of time. So I exercised some of my super power to sleep. This sleep wasn't very valuable of course, but at the end I came up with the brilliant idea to write my father in law a song for father's day. The song sounded a lot like the snow patrol song we were listening to.
And that is how my super power changes lives. I think Erik might really appreciate a slightly altered version of I want to make love in this club. Too bad we don't have a picture of that future pussy cat doll dancing to it. Feel free to submit lyrics to the Erik Madsen song to bringing sexy back or snow patrol or any R&B. There is always next Christmas if we don't memorize it by the family celebration of father's day on Wednesday.

Dana Carlin (June 24, 2008 at 4:19 PM)  

Killian's on a waiting list for a hot poll dancing class. You should sign Danielle up- the sooner the better.

mablebrown (July 1, 2008 at 9:53 PM)  

I like how your super power leads to song writing. I have a super power with sleep too, but it only ever lead to driving to Austin from Seattle in like two days.

mablebrown (July 1, 2008 at 9:55 PM)  

P.S.

I'm glad Danielle likes J.T. He is surprisingly one of my favorite artists too....even Ben likes him.

Post a Comment