Positive Post #17 Mom Style

First off I have to say that Halloween? The.Best.Ever.

If you want to get a piece of my "always in lounge clothes but never jeans" look, here's a little tutorial.

MOM STYLE IN FOUR EASY STEPS

Step One: Go To JJill. Or JJill.com all I have to say it- their sizing is pretty forgiving so be prepared to feel skinny. Even though really you are the same size. Anyway I like the wearever collection and I get black EVERYTHING. If you want to branch out- get gray.
This is really the key to my wardrobe- I have a lot of these pants but I like the flared leg and I am not super tall so I have to watch out for the fraying at the heel.

Step Two: Wear your pants everywhere. Let's say you want to grout the bathroom for example- just wear your black pants. Cleaning the kitchen floor with bleach cleaner? Leave those suckers on. Yard Work feels good in black pants, as does sleeping. Did I mention you can leave them on all day? But that would be gross, change into your other identical pair.

Step Three: Continue to use the pants when you get pink streaks from a bleach cleaner covered counter top. Act as though it is totally normal to have smears of white grout on your calf.

Step Four: Buy more pants, but don't get rid of your old trashed ones. That would ruin your mom style.

End Positive Post #17. I was going to post pictures but I decided not to so they can be a separate post tomorrow. When I find my camera and phone with pictures on it.

Carlie (November 1, 2010 at 10:16 AM)  

My go to clothing is jeans and a downeast outfitter shirt. I keep thinking as I buy more and more white ones to replace my stained disgusting ones that I will someday throw some out, but I never do. Sigh. I doubt I will ever achieve that ever present goal of being a well-dressed mother. LOL. I like your black pants. I think it is important to have work clothes that you like wearing.

kathryn (November 1, 2010 at 10:57 AM)  

Janae, you just described my wardrobe. Thanks. Except my everyday pants are from Target

Nichole (November 1, 2010 at 2:08 PM)  

Janae-
I did not mean anything bad when I asked you if you ever wore jeans. Promise.
-Nichole

Dana Carlin (November 1, 2010 at 9:29 PM)  

You just divulged my major secret!!
Seriously, I could have written this post word for word. Jeans are the devil, because I have to figure out what horrid size fits me. I prefer to live in a world of S/M/L/XL.

Post a Comment