Dress Up


I made Danielle an applique bunny shirt. She wore it to church on Sunday.

Last week Danielle had a friend visit. The first thing the three year old girl asked? "where are your dress up clothes. Well we don't have any little girl dress up clothes (except John's old Scouting hat which I don't know if that counts) but we do have theme style baby clothing.
It seems that all baby clothing has children featured as something else. I didn't get a good photo of Mark dressed up like a Robot. I LOVE Botodesigns.etsy.com and have a onesie from them. I will need some more soon though because Mark is a little chubster. I captured a funny Mark face while he was playing with his beloved peep dressed as a robot in his Robot onesie.
The next day we got a darling little giraffe outfit in the mail from my Mother. Pretty much all of Mark's clothes are from my mother. I can't believe he will let me put hats on him and doesn't have a screaming fit afterwards. he looks pretty cute in hats. Also why do I only get good photos of him in the night time? The first time I had a baby I saw a little onesie that said "I love mommy" and I cried. OK I was pretty newly pregnant at the time and a little crazy. Then I realized they were ALL OVER. But I liked putting it on Mark because he really does seem to love me more than anything. How fuzzy.

Of course Peter and Kathryn sent us this darling outfit so the next day I dressed Mark up as a lobster. Incidentally I will not eat Lobster. They totally gross me out. Have you ever seen a drawing of a lobster? Oh my goodness I can't think about it too much because it will give me nightmares.

On Sunday of course I had to dress him up as an old Man. Like any decent religious service ours is planned directly over a period of time when Mark is asleep. Though we had some cuter photos, this one captures Mark's expression about 90 percent of the time. He was nodding off and watching me and was just a little too sleepy to respond. I made the tie. At an earlier shooting of a different tie Mark was happier. I am selling real baby ties in my etsy shop. I made the first one while Carlie was visiting. I decided to make them a little longer though because Mark needs the double Windsor. Just because you are a baby doesn't mean you can single Windsor your tie. He seems to think it is the funniest and best chew toy in the world.

Then of course I had to dress him up as a monkey. I wouldn't actually say that Mark is very monkey like. This photo is from his crib. He loves soft minky fabric so we got him a minky sheet. He likes to sleep under a blanket. Also it seems like he is teething still. As in he is super fussy when he eats and doesn't calm down. Also not monkey like- Mark doesn't like bananas. What he does like is Pad Thai. He LOVES Pad Thai. Every now and then I grind up what we are eating for dinner for him and it was a huge hit. Probably not allergy friendly now that I think of it. Don't judge.

kathryn (March 11, 2010 at 10:33 AM)  

Cute pictures! and I love Danielle's "Easter" shirt!

Carlie (March 11, 2010 at 11:02 AM)  

I need to put Elijah in his tie. These pics of Mark are amazing. I love that kid! He's such a cute old man!! Isn't it nice to be a babies favorite person in the whole world!

Everything Mom and Baby (March 12, 2010 at 8:23 PM)  

I'm your newest follower! We chatted last night on #bfcafe, twitter:)
I have the exact same monkey onesie. I just got it in the mail today from my mom:)
Come by:
http://everythingmomandbaby.blogspot.com

Brooke (March 16, 2010 at 8:57 PM)  

Dude, That tie is fantastic. I searched for baby ties when the boys were little & I never found one! Why didn't I think of just making when. oh yeah. because I can't. I think Lucy would love a minky sheet! I have some minky, how do you make a sheet?
the perfect mom makes her own baby ties.

Post a Comment