Sunday Thoughts


I think a lot of the time people just give you more work because they can, not because it is necessary or productive. I get to work with someone like that occasionally. Yes I COULD do that but I don't want to and you wouldn't do yourself, you just like to take everyone else's energy. It reminds of me a few of my pregnancy rules:

1. Don't make important life decisions while pregnant. Unless you want to end your marriage with Charlie Sheen, you probably aren't in the right frame of mind to make important life decisions. and even then I have no idea, I've never met him.
2. Don't tell people when they do frustrating things.
3. Never confront a friend about anything.
4. If something bothers you, don't tell them.
5. It's OK for moms to have time outs too.
6. When people ask if they can do anything, they don't mean it.
7. Pregnancy makes people seem crazy- remember that and think about what you say at all times.
8. Just because you are REALLY hungry for doughnuts doesn't mean you should eat doughnuts.
9. DO NOT EAT EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO- people who tell you that pregnancy means you can eat whatever you want clearly didn't want to eat much while pregnant, or they would weigh a billion pounds.
10. Hiding your pregnancy from people might make you feel powerful and cool, but it really is only cool to you, because most other people are either mad at you for being so weird or just don't care.

So I guess all my pregnancy rules involve me getting bothered by nothing and trying not to do anything about it. I feel like I have all this extra negative energy. The first time I would yell at my mom a lot- the second time John. I'm trying not to this time but honestly the first time I realized I was pregnant was the day I yelled at Danielle that I quit being her mom if she was going to keep whining at me. Today I tried to remember my pregnancy rules as something bothered me that I can't blog about because it really just bothered me because I was jealous I didn't think of it first. In a disgusted sort of way. It's gotten me into trouble before- I think I tried to pick a fight with Brooke when I was pregnant with Mark and I totally got pissed at my little sister in this pregnancy. Maybe I just get bored and need someone to be mad at. Or all the injustice in the world. It's just one of those times when I'm not entirely sure my feelings are valid and I'm even a little bit sure I wouldn't have them if I wasn't a little nauseated and tired. My doctor said it was normal to be WAY more tired because last time I didn't have as many kids. HOW IN THE WORLD DO PEOPLE HAVE SO MANY CHILDREN? I really don't know how my mom survived it all.

maybe I should yell at her about it :-)

Anyway we went strawberry picking this weekend and it was so much fun. Mark really liked some of the gross berries and Danielle and I made Freezer Jam and Strawberry pie. The strawberries were smaller than the last place I went and a little more- gross I guess- I just don't know that the strawberry fields in Scranton are as good as the ones in Souderton. But the kids still loved riding the tractor, and Mark knows how to say "robot" which is adorable. We wore our robot shirts from BOTODESIGNS so he could say the words over and over again. He loved it. But Danielle had to pick my pink robot shirt and wear a white dress.
perfect strawberry picking outfit- right?

All I really want are some minions that love me and follow me with cult like adoration. Is that too much to ask?

M Berg (June 27, 2011 at 8:41 AM)  

I love hiding my pregnancy. I like feeling like I know something that others don't and when they ask about it I get to lie. Another favorite past time of mine. NOW I want to know what it is you really want to blog about-mad but jealous? Do tell otherwise I will think it is about me-maybe it is and we can fight about it. :) Sarea

Carlie (June 27, 2011 at 11:19 AM)  

Good rules. I like to keep those rules for, umm, certain times in my monthly life. LOL.

janaemadsen (June 27, 2011 at 3:17 PM)  

sara- I bet you aren't nearly as mean as I am when you are pregnant- or as whiney :-)

Mrs. Dr. (June 28, 2011 at 10:05 PM)  

Where did you go strawberry picking? I love cheap fruit that just requires exercise to qualify for.

Post a Comment