Food on Thought

source I took the image from another blog. Sorry but no Lemon Bars were around long enough to be photographed so beautifully.

Kate Moss is supposedly the one who coined the phrase "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." I want to give her a little hug. A squishy one with lots of padding. Lots of people have criticized this as promoting anorexia, and I know people who have used it for motivation to work out and have a healthier lifestyle.
Whatever works for you personally, sometimes I like to think of foods that do in fact, taste better. I would theorize that Kate Moss has never eaten lemon bars made by Jutta Olivetti. Maybe you haven't either. Lucky for me I can't ask her to make them for me every day without a great deal of shame. Also she would probably just say no and stop talking to me. They are AMAZING.
My sister Claire would understand- she had FANTASTIC lime bars at her wedding. I would even YELL ABOUT THEM THEY WERE SO GOOD!!!! I don't know if you can imagine me shaking with enthusiasm. Shaking my jiggly parts. I think I ate about 1000 calories in lime bars that day. and that is a conservative estimate.

Anyway I've been thinking a lot about food today for two reasons.
1. I haven't eaten any junk food. So it is all I can really logically think about.
2. John doesn't like most of the junk food I like. For example, he doesn't appreciate the beauty that is the Panera Bread valentine sugar cookie. He doesn't like Caramel corn. He also doesn't like Lemon bars.
who did I marry here? I think deep down in his soul he loves eating healthy food. It would probably be his dream to eat a healthy Tofu meal every night. Seriously he likes Tofu but not grape tomatoes. He claims they aren't good.
Wrong.
It feels good to know that I'm right about something. again.


Do you think I would have more willpower if I had this fantastic Photo from HoneyandJamPhotos on Etsy?
I Love this etsy shop- it has a bunch of food stuff in it. It reminds me of my sister in law Brooke who has a country style that is ADORABLE. She can totally pull of shabby chic and make it look more chick than shabby (unlike the person writing this post for example).

I couldn't stop thinking about Lemon Bars so I had to stop what I was doing and make a little poster about them. Nom Nom Nom.



So what have you been thinking about today? and I mean what have you been thinking about food...

Carlie (February 2, 2011 at 6:25 PM)  

Matt doesn't like a lot of junk food. It makes me sad when i want a treat; junk food is more fun to eat with others. But, Matt does like lemon bars. I make them with home grown lemons...love love lemon bars. I'm making homemade spaghetti sauce...delicious. I thought about making some prosciutto parmesan muffins, but I had run out of butter.

NaDell (February 2, 2011 at 7:49 PM)  

Andy's not much of a junk food eater either, unless it's canned cheese with Saltines and Doritos and Coke.
I love pretty much all sweets and if the friends who bring dinner tonight don't bring dessert, I'm totally making lemon bars. Yum! I love those. I've been thinking about Oreos and M&Ms all day because I don't have any. I *need* some.

Missy (February 3, 2011 at 2:15 AM)  

I love your poster.
Words we can all live by.

Post a Comment