My Dream Linen 80's house

Today I got my restoration Hardware catalog. 300 pages of linen covered bliss. and some very oddly scaled ceiling lights but they weren't linen so who cares about them.

In all seriousness I want a linen couch. This one. Or rather I did when I saw it at the outlet for really cheap but not so much now that it would cost me more than 3,000.00 dollars. Who doesn't need a fancy couch for their house. The best part? This one is comfortable and- covered with linen. Linen. The new luxury fabric.

The other day I was thinking- How could I make my whole home a sort of "Linen" color.
Restoration Hardware came to my rescue. Now I can have a couch, pillows, coffee table, chairs, drapes and furniture all the color of linen. Those Cart Tables really have sort of a linen color to them. So trendy right now and in just the right color! Or I could just get one covered In Linen. I am so excited that my outside table can be linen colored and my chairs and my dining table and all the chairs around it could be linen.

I was hoping to find some peculiar looking chairs- like an egg chair just like one I saw in a museum- only in Linen instead of another fabric. They have one with Burlap on the back. What a wild ride that would be. Linen+Burlap= the best ever.



people are always saying that architectural elements are good for a house. So I thought my 80s house could use a few columns here and there. I could put my kids on top of them for time out. No more wandering out of time out now! Or I could put a stone sphere on them. The best part? Both the color of linen.


Then for the table I might branch out to an almost duck cloth color. Although I could never do those plants- hello green was not in my color scheme! One thing I never realized before was that Antlers are close to the color of linen! So I thought about getting together all my hunting trophies and crafting them into a massive light fixture of death. Hopefully I'm good at cleaning things- right? But then I realized that Restoration Hardware had that Linen lighting Covered! I won't even need to bust out my linen lamp shades.

NaDell (September 23, 2010 at 10:01 AM)  

Linen sound very kid friendly. Better than velvet (although if you used velvet, you'd feel like Elvis...I'm not sure if that's a pro or con.)
Here is a link to a site where she uses drop clothes to make curtains and slipcovers and cool things. It looks like linen and is the same color. Check it out.
http://www.beneathmyheart.net/2009/10/drop-cloth-slipcover/

NaDell (September 23, 2010 at 10:02 AM)  

You really do need the antler centerpiece. Your home would be incomplete without it. =)

kathryn (September 23, 2010 at 10:22 AM)  

I've decided buying couches from IKEA is just about the best idea ever. We let our kids jump on our couches and if I had a $3,000.00 couch I would go insane trying to get them to stay away from it. I wouldn't let them sit on it until they turned 21.

Post a Comment