Cloth Diapers


So I've been using cloth diapers for a while. Actually G diapers with the disposable insert.
Disposable. Flush-able. right. The first time I saw the disposable insert I thought to myself- that is going to clog my toilet.
Correct.
Which brings me to a new idea- what about a food disposal in the bottom of the toilet? They would never be clogged again. That could take the flushable inserts any day.
John told me that was sort of gross. Turns out that a little company named Shanghai Gerpman industrial company thought it was a good idea too. You can find one here. I don't think I will buy one, but it could be good for my little disposable diaper inserts- then I would never have to use the disgusting swisher stick again.
I finally went to cloth diapers since the doctors told me to- why didn't I do this with Danielle? She had persistent diaper rash all the time and was a free range baby for a while. Then my sister in law decided to cloth diaper. She told me how she does it. and Claire decided she will do it when she has babies. Sara did it in New Zealand. Buying diapers for two children pretty much broke my heart in half so I thought- if I am going to have any more children I might as well get on board. Well Danielle is potty trained (thanks Mark and Sara) and Mark is finally out of diapers- so we are continuing the transition. I still haven't purchased safe laundry detergent and thought about air drying them in my backyard (please let the fence magically be put in) so I am using the disposables I bought. Oh wait, Mark also only has six covers so far. Not quite the two dozen or so people recommend.
Thanks for the support girls- wish me the best with the washing.

kathryn (May 8, 2010 at 7:36 PM)  

Good luck with the new venture! We've decided to go this route when Henry is born:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/55587/saturday-night-live-pampers

We feel pretty good about this option.

Carlie (May 8, 2010 at 7:51 PM)  

Go Janae! I would make up some kind of rhyming cheer, but my brain is tired. I was very disappointed the first time my diapers came out of the wash, but then I figured it all out. When all else fails, just toss them through another cycle. I love washing machines!

Angie (May 9, 2010 at 12:15 AM)  

Good luck!

We used G-diapers with Addie for awhile, but then went on a last minute trip & I kinda got out of the routine of it.

Now for some reason, I get really nauseous cleaning them out! So I stopped.

Pretty sure the G is supposed to go in the back though :) At least that's where the label was on ours!

Oh, and my friend said that if you strip the disposable inserts (I guess they are layered) they are flushable, but you can't put them down the toilet whole or they will (obviously) clog it.

janaemadsen (May 9, 2010 at 12:28 AM)  

yes I realize the G is supposed to go in the back- this was me first trying to but them on. we did strip- but I guess we didn't "swish" enough. yuck.

sivab (May 11, 2010 at 9:13 AM)  

so what you think that mothers day gets you a day off from sunday thoughts?RUDE

C (May 12, 2010 at 10:32 PM)  

You are a brave brave woman.

and I'm loving the garbage disposal at the bottom of the toilet idea.

Very handy.

Post a Comment