Sunday Thoughts: The Perfect Mom



I have really missed the perfect mom.
I don't think the perfect mom's daughter learned how to count to twenty from watching "Preschool on T.V."
The perfect mom really has more energy than I do. She is constantly looking for ways to make the world better. Maybe actually she is looking for ways to undo the environmental damage she did by having children. So the perfect mom does as much as she can to use local meat. One thing you can do? Get you own chickens. These chickens might not save you money but they will help you appreciate your food more. Maybe you wouldn't be so fast to throw that overcooked chicken out if you realized how long it took to raise it. And if you weren't dealing with chickens so loaded with hormones that they grow up in ten minutes.
The perfect mom would get her chickens a haven where they would lay eggs. Maybe colored eggs or brown eggs. The perfect mom would have a clean chicken coop. She would use the eggs to feed her children and maybe take the yolks out to help reduce cholesterol consumption. Her children would learn the importance on vigilance in caring for the chickens. And she would never take meat for granted again.
maybe her children would learn to be vegetarian or only eat eggs instead of chicken.
If her family chose to continue to eat meat that would be OK too. because their mother had provided them with the most valuable thing to the perfect mom: understanding.

Brooke (May 24, 2010 at 9:30 AM)  

Dear Janae,
I hope that you never become the perfect Mom because I loathe her and I would miss you if I hated you so much that we couldn't be friends anymore. -Brooke

sivab (May 25, 2010 at 8:29 AM)  

I think that your perfect mom is starting to sound like a crazy person. Are you ready to get a taste of perfect mom this weekend? I have already picked out a chicken for you to cook Friday night.

janaemadsen (May 25, 2010 at 8:31 AM)  

maybe I should stop thinking these things up in the middle of the night... and sara, you have chickens you know...

kathryn (May 26, 2010 at 10:17 AM)  

I want to have chickens some day! We told the kids that when they are ten they can have a pet and I'm totally hoping they will pick chickens. That would be awesome!

Post a Comment