Success


The last few weeks have been a little rough in the Madsen household. For instance, today Danielle had three victories over mommy. My victory was getting her to take a nap- in your face Danielle. Probably not the best thing to tell a child.
Right now baby Mark is asleep- I think for the night. He will wake up again around one in the morning, then at five and finally for the day at seven. I think our friends Mike and Diane helped by watching Mark in the morning. He wakes up and after trying to keep him away during the day I just couldn't do it some mornings. I usually want to sleep all weekend. Well on Sunday I got to sleep but baby Mark didn't. Thrilling.
It's nice to have friends who seem to like babies. I thought I was just feeling pretty bad from lack of sleep but after Mike and Diane left and I threw up a few times I called the doctor. A new breastfeeding milestone for me was getting my first breast infection. Since I pumped with Danielle I didn't go through teething and getting sore again. I don't know if it is normal to have trouble at teething but Mark has been quite the fussy boy. I was feeling guilty that John stayed home one day and then Thursday Melissa came over and watched Danielle and cleaned my house. Seriously? how nice is that?
I always thought I wanted lots of kids but it seems so hard. I don't know how people do it. I miss living near my family when I am sick. Carlie is coming out to help me next week even though she has a baby- so nice. I am excited to see another squishy little baby and let John catch up on school (hopefully).
But in the positive news I ran 4 miles last Saturday and I am still alive. NOT DEAD FROM RUNNING THIS WEEK. Shocking I know- I took a few days off for the breast infection but I am still training for my half marathon. Danielle is loving our new favorite treat of carrots and hummus. When she can't climb up on the counter top and get the nutella out and hide under the table and spread it everywhere.

Carlie (February 12, 2010 at 8:10 PM)  

So excited to come and see your adorable kids!

NaDell (February 13, 2010 at 12:07 AM)  

That IS a really nice friend. Keep her around. Hopefully you can manage something extra nice to do for her soon too. =)
Does she really like hummus? I don't like that stuff. I think if it was made with a different kind of bean it would be better tasting to me.

Michael (February 14, 2010 at 2:29 PM)  

Hey, glad we could help while we were out visiting. And yes, Hummus rocks. I should probably eat it more often. On a different note, when do you get your new counter top?

Post a Comment