Revenge is Sweet




Danielle got lots of awesome birthday presents. She loves opening mail and packages and thinks they all have things for her. Since her birthday week included so many things for her she has wanted to open every package and envelope since then. She bought a dolly and a stroller for her dolly with her birthday money. All the presents she got were fantastic, and it was cute to see how excited she was for mail. Like me...
One of the best came with a card. The card read "don't let your parents tell you we didn't send this harmonica. Because we did." Enclosed was a set of Hello Kitty stickers in a card and a harmonica. The message went on to claim that my daughter would become the next Blues Traveler. At this point I realized maybe the present wasn't well intentioned. Maybe this was a mean and not thoughtful present. Blues Traveler? You might as well say the Mighty Mighty Bosstones or Hootie and the Blowfish. Who would wish that on a child? Barely two years old and already these people are trying to curse her.
Not that I don't appreciate harmonica skills. Maybe.
I put my faith in Danielle's short attention span and let her have the harmonica. Actually I gave it to her before I read the card. I know that's tacky, but I don't care. Danielle loves her harmonica. but not as much as the ponies that get to ride in her new dolly stroller. I figure I'm safe from the curse for now.
Of course I need some present ideas- we forgot their 4 and 6 year old's birthdays. I have no idea why I would hide such a beautiful present from Danielle, but now I feel like I have to come up with something just as good.


Here are some ideas I've come up with.




  1. A child drum set.


  2. The Munoz doll that is on clearance at Target that sings and dances. Danielle loves it.


  3. An actual rabbit.


  4. Or maybe a rooster.


  5. Axis and Allies Board Game.


  6. My favorite: The Easy Bake Oven.

What do you think?





HeatherandTanner (April 28, 2009 at 4:42 PM)  

Easy bake oven!! Those things are amazing!

mablebrown (May 12, 2009 at 8:04 PM)  

Any musical instrument is good revenge. I drove my parents crazy practicing back in the day. And I think you can get a recorder for like 5 bucks.

Post a Comment