Sunday Thoughts


Easter Sunday

Each Sunday I like to spend more than a little while dinking around and considering which high heeled shoes I should wear. Luckily today I had my outfit planned already. (the picture features the shoes I wore that I am happy to say I got for under 30 dollars- check out the link for the original price.) I think the prenatal samples from this week had some kind of vomit-inducer. Maybe they are designed to help you loose weight. When John came to wake me from my lucky nap I guess the bed looked really comfy so he climbed in with me. I was reminded of growing up as I threw on clothes and brushed my teeth. Danielle got to wear her super cute dress and new White hat. We forgot the hat and I was really upset. Can you really drive back to the house for a white hat when you live 30 minutes away from the church building? We didn't have an egg hunt in the morning- we decided to have the Easter egg hunt Saturday and try to focus on the religious part of Easter on Sunday (plus Saturday was the say Mark and Sara could come for the hunt). Of course I had a terrible time listening to our beautiful lesson and Danielle cried for the part of sacrament meeting where she wasn't trying to get her friend Miranda to stomp on the floor and scream. I was honestly happier with the stomping than the crying, but I don't think Miranda's parents feel the same way.
Also musical programs in sacrament meeting, yes or no?- discuss amongst yourselves. I vote no. Maybe it is that the songs aren't that pretty. I went to a musical program once at St. Paul's cathedral and it was fantastic. Why can't we have that music? Also growing up Brother Pond had a pretty amazing voice for the dramatic reading and it just isn't the same now. as in it wasn't good. If you just showed up and had an almost two hour meeting with lots of mediocre choir singing it wouldn't be so bad- but when you know what you are getting yourself in to it is discouraging. I thought about coming an hour late but they would have had me anyway- the singing was the second part of the really long meeting. At least Danielle looked cute in her dress.
I managed to stay through relief society. It is difficult to be in Sunday School with John in Primary because I have so many stupid comments and I don't get to say any of them without John or one of my sisters. I was trying to figure out how much the hand outs cost in Relief Society and Jayna helped me realize a cheaper way of making them. Can you ask the teacher how she made the hand outs? Can you then ask for specifics about which store she went to in order to determine the cost? I can imagine me going up and saying- hey nice lesson on Joseph Smith being a peacemaker- I was wondering if you made these handouts the expensive way I thought of or the cheap way Jayna thought of. Since it said on the handout "we mind our own business" I controlled my urge.

Carlie (April 13, 2009 at 6:31 PM)  

We had a musical program on Sunday too. Though some of the symptoms you described were present, overall I enjoyed it.
--Matt

Carol Winegar (April 15, 2009 at 8:16 AM)  

That's a good deal on the shoes.

mablebrown (April 15, 2009 at 2:27 PM)  

Smokin hot shoes...and what kind of lame-o handout says, "We mind our own business?" Especially since that is a lie, no one EVER just minds their own business especially on Sunday. And I like how my dad has ruined the dramatic reading for you. So typical of him, to ruin stuff! Also, remember Kathryn Lameroux? I think she ruined church choirs for me.

Post a Comment