Well Claire & Me just got bigger the other day. It all started when John surprised me with some yellow roses. Then they died a few days later. And I thought of saving them but realized I could do something better- take a photo of them and make them into a card for breaking up with friends. Or anyone really. The more I thought about the card the more uses I could see for it. maybe you are friends with a guy and you wish that you were more than friends. Bam- give them the card and maybe your problems could be solved. Maybe you have a friend that doesn't like you or takes up too much of your time and you don't know how to bring it up. Just mail them this card. They will understand and you won't have to talk to them.

Now I have another Etsy store. Claireandmedesigns.etsy.com Check it out. I really like these prints of the Venetian Cathedral. I decided to make them in lots of colors so people could get different prints and put them up in lots of colors.


Then I made some greeting cards of course.

There will be a few more products in my shop. We will see what happens during our shows tonight. One of my very favorite cards in the shop is about feelings. John and I are going to start a couples therapy program. One of the main tenets is that feelings are bad. Sharing them is hard and they usually cause confusion. So I made a card dedicated to talking about feelings with your spouse or partner. It also works with friends. and of course we had to have a card for Valentines day. I took that photo in London while we were riding in Camden Lock. They were really making out. I opened yesterday and I haven't had any sales so far but hopefully they will come. Wish me luck!

Carolina Mama (January 15, 2009 at 12:48 AM)  

Cool blog and products in your Etsy shop!

Carlie (January 21, 2009 at 11:21 PM)  

I like the cards! Your dying flowers reminded me of a picture I have from my sophomore. I have this picture somewhere of two of my roommates looking sad over two dying flowers. The flowers were dying just as both of these girls' relationships were too. We laughed a lot about...then I think there were tears too. And, since I'm thinking of random things, I also think there should be an option on facebook to add people as your "enemies," so you can spy on them but not have to add them as a "friend."

Post a Comment