Grouchy

Sometimes I am grouchy. Like today for example. Here are some reasons I am grouchy.

  1. I still haven't emerged triumphant from my night time Janae chrysalis. Too many days staying up past two in the morning are catching up with me.
  2. There is something that surprised me when I first moved her. Every now and then you would hear a wailing siren in the air and for a while it was a complete mystery why. I asked our neighbor and after laughing a little he explained that it was from the volunteer firefighter service. What a clever idea. Except when the volunteers are supposed to come in the middle of the night or over eight times in the past few days. I thought with snow there would be less fires. I realize that being upset about the number of fires interrupting my sleep just shows how narcissistic I am. So I want to know how I can become a better sleeper.
  3. My crazy neighbor yelling at the other neighbor for parking in the wrong spot on the public street for an hour yesterday. During baby naptime.
  4. That same crazy neighbor shoveling his walk for one hour this morning. At six o clock.
  5. Some girl who's husband is in podiatry school who doesn't know he won't be an MD at the end. They are really nice which makes it even more annoying when she says he is in medical school. I'm pretty sure he isn't.
  6. Dishes. They just keep on coming.
  7. I realized I am greedy. I always knew this but I am trying really hard to be more frugal and it is wearing on my last nerve.
Anyway here is a picture of something I made this week. I have often wondered what the best way is to break up with friends. I have always been a fan of the fade but lately I've met people who talk a lot and they seem to have more peace in their lives. To find a middle ground where I can still be passive aggressive and direct I have been working on developing a greeting card. What do you think?

sivab (January 11, 2009 at 7:44 PM)  

Janae you are too funny we have to talk. I have the same siren thingy, and I need to have that card. There is this lady that is ALWAYS mad at me-due to my lack of effort at being a friend I guess. Hello-4 kids?! When are you guys free to come for a visit? Weekends are usually good for us.

mablebrown (January 11, 2009 at 10:57 PM)  

Ben laughed right out loud when I showed him your card. I think you could make big bucks with it. Sorry about the crappy neighbor noise, and not getting enough sleep. When I come visit I'll bust some heads for you.

NaDell (January 11, 2009 at 11:29 PM)  

As long as you don't send the card to me!
I HATE it when loud sounds are right outside the house, like on Sat. mornings when they use chainsaws and gun their go cart engines. OR when my baby wakes up just as my head hits the pillow at night. I'm grouchy sometimes too.

Jennifer (January 12, 2009 at 9:10 PM)  

You know, I've been looking for a good card. I really need to talk to you, but your feelings make me so uncomfortable, so I really think its best if we decide to not be friends anymore. Brilliant!

mablebrown (January 17, 2009 at 2:32 PM)  

Um, I need to talk to you PRIVATELY...check your facebook!

Post a Comment