So tired.

Sometimes you stay up until 4 in the morning reading a book like I did last night. But Danielle still woke up around 8 o'clock. She doesn't seem to love sleep as much as I do. I never realized how much children want to stay awake and you want to sleep. They really don't appreciate their luck. Danielle doesn't sleep as much as I would if I were her. Her cousins visited over New Years. Danielle loves older kids and I think she harassed Sam a little bit by following him around and trying to get involved in his games a little too much. Fisher told on Sam for not liking the baby. You see Sam doesn't have a younger sibling and I had to reflect. It is a hard adjustment to have a baby following you around and wanting to use everything you have. I was getting a little break from my shadow. But I am also used to having a shadow. I need to have breaks from baby sometimes and get a babysitter- but I end up missing her. After our anniversary I missed her and wanted to see her again. I guess you just get used to each other. Even if I am bothered by her fussiness sometimes.
Danielle loves wearing the clothes that Claire helps design. I thought I should share a cute turtle shirt that Claire designed. It was probably the only time that Danielle was actually willing to get her clothing changed. She usually thinks it is the funniest game to run away when you want to change her. Especially for John. You should probably buy one of the shirts in my shop if you want to support Claire.
It was nice to have her so happy. Sometimes when you are taking her photos she isn't as happy. We have some photos from this summer where she should be happy. Well I wish she looked happy but the photos are good even if she isn't happy at all. That shirt is great. I used to have it when I was a baby. I think I wore it as a dress but it also looks great with jeans. I am glad that my mom saved some of the clothes we had as babies.


NaDell (January 3, 2009 at 2:32 PM)  

Yeah, my kids always seem to wake up from naps (when they were or are taking them) right when I'm about to take one of my own.
Like, as soon as my head hits the pillow at night they start crying. Some nights, it even happens twice. Lucky me.

mablebrown (January 4, 2009 at 6:03 PM)  

Poor tired mommy...at least your kid is super cute!

Post a Comment