Etsy for Charity



Etsy for Charity has selected the GROW project for the monthly charity this month and I am so excited. I nominated it. Etsy for charity is a group of people who sell things on Etsy who donate the monthly proceeds to a charity. Each month the charity rotates. Members get to nominate who will be the charity and John heard about the grow project from school. He put me in touch with them and I have been trying to get people involved for a few months. I have had most luck on etsy and the people there seems so generous. http://etsyforcharity.ning.com/ Thanks to the votes of family members like Paul the charity won- anyone can vote.
I also nominated the theme of the month which was inspired by Claire. The theme is hop into spring. I thought of the bunny bookmark Claire designed when we were growing up that said "Hop into a book". Claire won a contest with that idea and I am not surprised. It is catchy. Members submit items for a contest and I submitted the burp cloth in this picture. I will let everyone know when it is time to vote for my burp cloth!
A little more about the GROW clinic can be found online at http://publichealth.drexel.edu/GROW/ They help children with failure to thrive and food insecurity. The average age of the children is 18 months and they usually don't know where their next meal is coming from. They need blankets and clothing and don't have money for basic needs. If you want to give them something let me know! Or you can buy something from etsyforcharity.etsy.com in the month of April.
I hope everyone has a great day- Thanks for your support!
Janae

john (March 28, 2008 at 9:09 PM)  

Hooray for the GROW project! Hooray for Janae to getting lots of money for them!

Post a Comment