Danielle the Destroyer: The Best Day of My Mom's Life


Danielle likes using paint cans as a drum set. Don't you?


There is a certain website which features things children ruin. I can't in good conscience link to it but you could find it- with the power of the internet. It features a lot of horrible photos of poo covered children which remind me Danielle's naps a few years ago, only different worse. Like just playing in the poo, not trying to change their own diaper. Does anyone else remember that Post? because it makes me want to cry. but also it makes me REALLY HAPPY Danielle is potty trained.

Today I just wanted to think about a few things Danielle has destroyed in the past few weeks.
also she peed her bed somehow this morning after she woke up. Thank goodness for waterproof mattress covers and my awesome washer.

  1. The kitchen floor- marker
  2. Chairs- also marker
  3. her light cover- marker
  4. the bed- marker
  5. the carpet in mark's room- paint
  6. the wall in mark's room- also paint
  7. the carpet in the living room- nutella
  8. My adorable pottery barn rabbit tablecloth- jam and nutella
  9. Some of my fabric- nutella
  10. My Necklace- unintended child use
  11. my primary name sticks- theft
  12. My sewing machine cover- marker
  13. All My Spices- child related "cooking"
  14. All the food in the freezer downstairs- searching for ice cream
  15. the rug in the bathroom- sickness/poo (Danielle had a little bit of the flu)
  16. Her panties- see above
  17. my sanity- figuring out how to get out of a locked room during "quiet time."
I think it is horrible to lock your child in their room. I think it is worse for your child to sneak out of their room and dump all the spices out before you wake up. and even worse when they find a permanent marker in your purse and color all over the kitchen floor WHILE YOU ARE IN THE ROOM WITH THEM. also new rule- No more nutella. ever. which goes quite nicely with my newly healthy lifestyle.

I called my mom about it. She laughed.

So I will keep searching for this endless supply of markers- until the perfect day.
when a grown mother Danielle calls me on the phone with good news...
involving markers.

Carlie (March 2, 2011 at 1:48 AM)  

I think you should start the latest return to our ancestors by bringing back the dirt floor. Our ancestors knew what they were doing when they didn't put fancy carpet in their houses. LOL. I just finished Born to Run, and will soon be returning to my ancestral roots by buying those shoes you detest. Good luck with Danielle the destroyer.

sivab (March 2, 2011 at 8:45 AM)  

i like that tablecloth. Yesterday I was really wanting the william sonoma jacquard bunny tablecloth but now I am torn. Thanks a lot. Sara

kathryn (March 2, 2011 at 10:39 AM)  

I'm sorry all of those things were destroyed. That really stinks--but I have to say Danielle is adorable! I can't believe how big she is getting!

Post a Comment