Steps


We have been making great strides in our family home evening practices. Today Danielle and I planted some flowers. OK John was there too and we called it family home evening. whatev.
Did I mention Danielle had planted these flowers by herself? We tried for a while to have mandatory Sunday naps. This happened after we visited Mark and Sara. They do it and their lives seem wonderful so I wanted to copy them. Who doesn't want a Sunday nap? Well we kept falling asleep and waking up to a Danielle adventure. Like Danielle leaves the freezer open day or Danielle spreads all the cookie cutters around on the floor or Danielle eats an entire jar of nutella day. Now the nutella lives on the fridge and we don't have mandatory naps anymore. One day she opened the Disney Princess seed kit we bought her at home depot and put the entire thing together. I thought she had planted the seeds with John but she did it herself. Unlike all the seeds I plant the Disney seeds are flourishing. So today we put them in larger pots and planted some herbs for an herb garden.
if anyone needs seeds for their herb garden they should let me know because those seed packets have a lot of seeds in them. also looking around for seeds has helped me get more steps. I have been trying to get at least 10,000 steps a day with a secret goal of 15,000 steps a day that I usually don't get. I take Sunday's off which doesn't matter a ton because I get lots of steps at church since I am the copy girl- I mean secretary. It seems like I'm the only one who has never been a primary secretary before because everyone knows how to do it. I like making copies and walking around but it can be hard to work with some people. Children for instance.
Anyway I like getting my steps and I have a little system- every day I try to go somewhere since it is cold outside. I like walking down all the aisles in target. That is a lot of steps. I straighten the house for at least an hour. I also try to take the dog on walks- and when I say walks I mean one walk if I need the steps. seriously it's freezing outside. Also part of my step plan- I try not to take any naps. So I have more time to do fun projects with my little Danielle. She's getting so much bigger. I am a little nostalgic for her being a tiny baby. She was always in about the 10th percentile for height so it was adorable when she learned to walk at 10 months. a little fat midget baby running around. My little man skipped slow walking and loves to run. I guess that's what happens when you start walking around 14 months.
Both of my kids can walk, and one can plant flowers by herself and water them without even waking me up. adorable.

Carlie (January 24, 2011 at 11:17 PM)  

Cute! Danielle has a green thumb. I'm glad you are walking. I want to walk too. Maybe I'll copy you.

Post a Comment