Dear Girls


Dear girls that sit out in the hall during Sunday School,
Thanks so much for playing with my daughter on Sunday. I really appreciate all the time I was able to set up people coming to help us move. Without you I would have had to run back and forth after Danielle who loves to run away. My beautiful Marc Jacobs shoes cut a little bit on one of my toes and running around church would not have worked.
The only downside that I could really pinpoint in your 20 minutes of free babysitting is really a minor detail. It happened over and over again, and Danielle has done it before. I'm not exactly blaming you... Please don't let Danielle jump on you or pretend that she is pushing you over. Maybe she really is pushing you over. Not that I'm against wrestling or think that baby body slamming is evil in some way. It's me. I don't like to be body slammed. Those little baby elbows she throws at me can really hurt.
Danielle doesn't always understand when she can and can't run into people with all of her might. For instance today she tried to ram into our friend's dog who thought (correctly) that she was trying to wrestle and knocked her over. She didn't cry but I think that she was less than thrilled. I know that dog was confused. Think of his confusion next time you pretend she is "getting" you.
The day after her little party in the hall I had a bit of a cold and when she rammed me in the stomach I sort of threw up all over her. Luckily we were already in the bathroom so I didn't have to clean the carpet, but it wasn't a pleasant feeling. I guess my stomach muscles just don't hold it together anymore. I had no idea that a Danielle to the side could induce vomiting.
It was messy to clean up and a little hard to explain to Danielle, who was less than thrilled with the "big mess."
Luckily after an hour and a half long bath with bubbles Danielle forgave me. I think I forgave myself a little later, although I still feel guilty that it was a little funny. Who throws up on someone and then laughs about it a day later?
On the plus side she hasn't body slammed me since the incident with the throw up, so maybe she can learn to be a selective rough kid.
Thanks
Janae

Jennifer (August 2, 2009 at 2:22 PM)  

I think you should start using this technique on other people who annoy you. Just not in your own house, because no one likes to clean that up!

mablebrown (August 15, 2009 at 10:53 PM)  

That is pretty funny. You could just think of it as revenge for all the times she's thrown up on you! I suppose that's still not nice though. I wish I weren't so far away so I could come help you!

Post a Comment