The Jersey Shore


We drove to Jersey Friday to see Uncle Mark and Aunt Sara. Danielle picked herself some flowers from the boardwalk and then went to run in the ocean. We are going to teach her to swim really well or else hope she learns some natural fear. I liked the pictures of my cousins and Danielle on the bench- it captures their personalities.
We went around 5:30 so it wasn't too hot and we didn't have to get tags to be there. Mark and Sara bought us some curly fries that were really good. I captured a really perfect man photo with the store in the background.
This was Danielle's first time seeing the ocean and John's first time at the beach out here on the East coast. Eddie was super cute because he is afraid of the sand. I thought he wanted to go down and walk in it but he was actually asking for a towel. He wanted to sit on a towel rather than walk on the sand. Mostly dry sand is scary.
We didn't find anything like money or rings like the men with metal detectors towards the end but we did find an extra bucket which Danielle made sure we didn't leave in the ocean as the tide was coming in. The Bergs are really good hosts, and we got to eat some yummy chocolate chip cookies when we got back. Here is a rare photo of my with my 30 weeks pregnant belly. Sara was there, even though we didn't get a photo of her tank top or what she claims was a swim team swimsuit. Some things you can only see in Jersey.
While we are here John is learning how to wire a fan and light. You can count on the Bergs to teach us the skillz. Yes- that's skills with a "z". They like doing house projects and so do I. I am so excited to move into our house in Scranton as soon as we close... sigh. Only three more weeks. Then we Bergs will have to come paint our house.

NaDell (July 11, 2009 at 4:49 PM)  

What a fun vacation!
When did you buy a house?
Pictures?
You look fabulous, by the way! That color is great on you and you... (I know you don't want to hear that you don't look 30 weeks, but you don't. You look great!)

Diane Rose (July 11, 2009 at 10:27 PM)  

Those pictures are SO cute! i wish that we lived closer... :( It makes me sad that you guys are so far away. I am very excited for baby Madsen #2 to come along though! :)

Jennifer (July 11, 2009 at 11:17 PM)  

Its pretty there! And the photos came out great! Danielle is officially not a baby anymore, there is no denying it; she's a kid!

mablebrown (July 17, 2009 at 9:00 AM)  

Janae! You are such a cute preggo! I wish I could see you! And are you really going to live near "The Office?" How exciting!

Post a Comment