The Box

When we moved here someone told us it would be shocking to get out of the box of Provo. I was baffled since we hadn't told them where we came from. Plus I think they were from Idaho. I only think of this now because of the boxes all over my house. We are moving this weekend, if I don't quit before then. Of course then maybe I will have something to post- pictures of our new place and the projects Danielle and I come up with.
Some people say that moving is really hard on children. So far for Danielle it is mostly about blankets and the new wire bin that she carries with her everywhere. When my aunt Sara came to visit and help pack up boxes Danielle just yelled at her for thinking about packaging up her room. So we avoided her room and toys would mysteriously disappear if she ever visited friends.
The other day though she saw me packing up an unopened pony present. I bought it on clearance at Target and am planning to save it for some holiday later on. She ordered "open" but I told her we were saving it for the new house. She asked "new house" (which didn't really sound like new house) and I explained that we were moving to a new house and we had to put everything we wanted to keep in boxes.
Two minutes later the box with the ponies was full of all her favorite toys and all her blankets. Then with her.
I fished the blankets out since she would need those for sleeping and loaded the box full.
So Danielle has a new favorite hobby- it is called hiding in the box. She likes to hide balls and toys and food and wipes and even herself in the box. Saying that moving is hard on kids might also mean that kids are hard on moving- you can't hide things in the box anymore if it is taped up. And Danielle wants to tape the boxes and help label them but I can't say that she is really helpful. She is one of the best work destroyers I know.
Maybe I only say that because we don't have any mommy sized boxes though.

Jennifer (July 28, 2009 at 11:53 PM)  

I love it! She's so cute!

Claire (July 29, 2009 at 10:28 AM)  

She's so adorable. I miss her (and the rest of you) so much! Boo on the Idaho reference--I know what you mean, but I happen to live there now.

mablebrown (July 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM)  

Oh my goodness, she's adorable! I think the other two commenters and I should head to PA and help you move.

Crystal Escobar (August 12, 2009 at 1:49 AM)  

That is so cute! Your little Danielle is adorable. Congratulations on the new baby in the works. We both have a boy and girl now. How fun!!!

Post a Comment